Author Topic: sciencefor.us  (Read 1774 times)

tonedef

• TGL PhD
sciencefor.us
« on: June 07, 2013, 09:36:28 PM »
Recently I overreacted in response to a vendor blatantly overlooking my response to a sample interest check he made. I felt disrespected and let the guy know how I felt. I admit I over reacted, it was hard for me to get over the fact that he asked for interest and being the second one to respond I was not chosen due to my post count. I understand the reasoning it's just the  principle in my eyes and that being said from a vendor who's post count was six. The gentleman had enough tact to not disrespect me once in explaining his reasoning and that really impressed me as an unhappy potential customer.

On the other hand I did get response from a bunch of little trolls, one especially that hides behind an alter ego named Lindsey Lohan, LMFAO. I was quickly thrown under a bandwagon but was not about to just roll over and take their shit. I called them all out on the BS and told  them how I felt about their slander.

Apparently Lindsey Lohan just banned me, permanently because of his or her personal views about another member. I think it's some childish, pussy ass shit and I am glad it didn't happen here.

I try to share my experience, strength and hope and do it in a positive manner.

At the end of the day I am a man, and I don't take kindly to ignorant slanderous people. The beauty of this format is we can all share and agree to disagree or just not agree. That's ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion. When I am working I work hard every day of my life in a pretty tough industry and that environment tends to rub off on the best of us. I was not going to bend over for some alter ego acting like another person, a woman at that...

I just thought it was wrong and wanted to share my experience with the board.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:46:37 PM by tonedef »

Swishahouse6

Re: scientific.us
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 09:42:15 PM »
Sorry to hear about your troubles on the other board, but you are in good hands here brutha.  :beers:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:46:49 PM by Swishahouse6 »

tonedef

• TGL PhD
Re: sciencefor.us
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 09:47:52 PM »
Thx!

dub

• TGL Master
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 09:51:04 PM »
I've been on, am still am on many forums.

So many of them are full of minions of the "holy ones" that if you say anything you are flamed with a vengeance.

In my opinion "The Shroomery" is the worst. "THC Farmer" is a close second.

This forum here, Spiced.be is the most welcoming, most interesting, and friendliest site I have ever come across.

I am glad your here Tonedef

:passing-joint:

"Your as mighty as the flower that grows the stones away"

tonedef

• TGL PhD
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 09:59:22 PM »
Thx!

deckard cain

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 12:07:07 AM »
I saw that thread, could also see you were getting railroaded.
I've seen tolerance extended here for blatant assholery-so i see no qualms what so ever for a level headed mature realist Such as yourself.
It's us duuuude :)

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 12:14:34 AM »
Wow so falkor sits on her high horse and bans you huh? I cant stand her, I wish she wouldve left when me and her got into it about the rules before. She was all whiny about not modding there anymore, but apparently she'll still get on her mod account to do that bullshit

tonedef

• TGL PhD
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 03:01:11 AM »
LMAO, some people have no life...

At first she told me if I say anything more in her thread then I'll be temp banned for seven days, so I told her how I felt about the whole thing and low and behold, PERMA BAN!!!

I am so lost without .us.  :'(

LMMFAO

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 03:05:18 AM »
Hmm i dont like falkor but i see why she banned you now for threatening her life

R

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 07:41:51 AM »
Yeah, let's not take discussions personally--no need for threats or anger.  Even heated debates and complete opposite opinions on certain matters are no reason to get angry or obsessive.  We are all here because we like blends and MJ, and we share, we are bound, by more than one common ideal.  tonedef, you seem like a valuable and active member of this community and I'm sorry an other group doesn't see it that way, but hell, it is their loss right?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 10:22:06 AM by AciD »

Akitsu

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 09:31:31 PM »
In my experience, a good rule of thumb is to take a step back, delete that hour long post you just typed up, and remember that its just words.  If someone is in your face in real life its another story, but online its simply better in the long run to play nice.
Asshole mods are just like those kids who turned into cops just to monetise bullying.  They get a rush from that taste of power, and in most cases lead relatively sad lives.  It is, quite literally, the best thing they have going on.
So worry not, yes you lost a board, but she would have followed you around and warned all the vendors not to deal with you behind your back anyway.

tonedef

• TGL PhD
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 11:34:01 PM »
I was def being a tad bit passive aggressive and sarcastic but don't take the net life seriously enough to be making legitimate threats to "legitimate" people or stalking another member based on perceived aggression, it was all quite comical to see a bunch of nadless dogs following their bitch mother searching for a teet..

True, very true oh wise Akitsu...

Thanks all, I really appreciate the comments..

Akitsu

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 12:56:14 AM »
Don't mention it, I got booted from TheAllSpark.com for posting a youtube video for a fuckin' anime.  One that was rated all ages in the text link.  Having SEEN the series I thought it was going to be really interesting to these people, because Transformers fans BEFORE the movie were passive aggressive psycho uber-christians... but Michael Bay shitstorm later and it was amazing how hard they worked to get burn you at the stake witch trial.

I got banned for posting THIS...

Oooh!  Too hardcore for the psycho nazis.  Truth of the matter is, they had been DESPERATELY trying to get rid of me because I had opinions and enjoyed a good debate or two.  I made people think.  It was literally like walking into a church... Clerks 2 is LITERALLY spot on.

tonedef

• TGL PhD
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 12:06:55 PM »
Badass!!!

I wish I wasn't on Tor so I could watch the links...

R

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 12:02:53 PM »
I research sites I don't just log in...so hint hint! I know something pa ! don't worry tone we know whats up with the real...........vote on that................ :popcorn:

What do you know?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal