Author Topic: Forum is Closed to Guests for now  (Read 1509 times)

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
Forum is Closed to Guests for now
« on: June 20, 2013, 11:58:56 PM »
Until we get a handle on a few current troublemakers like Sam and possibly his alias's and others, we are not going to allow guests to browse and lurk even though blend topics are not visible to guests. This is a good security measure for now.
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

adamjj

Re: Forum is Closed to Guests for now
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 01:35:00 AM »
Scary news everything gonna be okay round here?

adamjj

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 01:53:56 AM »
Still not sure what troubles that could mean for us isn't this site legal to talk on and about whatever we want?

iBaked

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • Rooster in my rari
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 10:41:43 AM »
Still not sure what troubles that could mean for us isn't this site legal to talk on and about whatever we want?

No worries guys or gals.
Stay strong and just believe!
This is the waitin period..................................

In GOD we trust, all others we monitor - 'Merika

FSU

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 10:52:36 AM »
Doesn't really matter, anyone can google spiced.biz + blends on google and see a cache version of any of the topics pertaining to the search.

Here is an example where you don't need to be a member and can view the entire post along with what every member says about it.  You may think you're hidden but you're not, this is the interwebs and many loopholes in finding info IF you REALLY want too!  I say the feds/local pd want too crack down more on online vendors.  No wonder why everyone is closing shop! 

DJ-D-Phunk

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 11:01:13 AM »
Turn off the robots, and google wont index the site, I do SEO for a living and know how to make the engines rush a site or stear clear

Sparrow

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 11:06:45 AM »
Probly best to keep it closed for now. Safety first! Fun later.... :Smokey: :banana:

R

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 12:10:07 PM »
Turn off the robots, and google wont index the site, I do SEO for a living and know how to make the engines rush a site or stear clear

I never likes the bots.  However, it is a way to get the traffic to the vendors. 

DJ-D-Phunk

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 12:14:37 PM »

I never likes the bots.  However, it is a way to get the traffic to the vendors.

This is true, however you will get the good with the bad, IMO the vendors will do fine with the traffic that's here already, word of mouth etc.      I would put a  meta NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW tag in the template and add a robots disallow in the robots.txt file, this will prevent the robots from spidering the site and indexing the pages in the search engines.  Also put Google analytics on the site so you can see how well it works, Just my opinion

axa

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 12:26:11 PM »
Anonym zu yoast.com/prevent-site-being-indexed/

Joost de Valk points out that a website has to be indexed before the webmaster can ask a search engine not to list results. However, there is no guarantee that all bots will obey your rules.

Using Google Analytics decreases privacy, there are free alternatives that can provide the same information to webmasters.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 04:40:54 PM by axa »

R

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 12:27:29 PM »
That is ok from this point on, but I have a pretty good idea there are some form of law-enforcement people in every forum of this type of subject matter. 

For the record, it ain't me.

For the most part I think we all just make their job easier, but I don't know how much useful information one can get from us arguing with one another about contrails or Noah's ark or the new Superman movie.  I guess being in the subculture makes the cops or DEA or whoever feel like they are doing a good gob of spying on us.  Most of the vendors had public web sites so a site like this is sort of redundant. 

I got spooked a year ago and bailed, got rid of every trace, hoping for the day when things would relax or a good all natty would come along.  I am very worried about Obummer coming down hard on major vendors.  I am worried about Hatter.  I hope this blows over soon but as with everything else, if this is a new paradigm we will all just have to adjust to the new rules; we live in a police state: they make the rules, and the man is powerful.

I'm not saying everyone should panic and clean house like I did, but I have always asked everyone to be careful, don't take chances, make sure your butt is covered.

FSU

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 02:27:26 PM »

R

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 02:29:36 PM »
Right CHEMtrails.  Got it. 

And Bigfoot.

dub

• TGL Master
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 02:36:36 PM »
Good. I'm down for closing the forum to guests for now, hell maybe even new members for a month or so.

We got it good here, maybe we should just chill and ride out the waves.
"Your as mighty as the flower that grows the stones away"

jbmac

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
  • Don't Date Robots!
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 03:05:53 PM »
yes, make this forum totally private, no robots, no guests, nada unless you are a member or a trusted member here vouches for you.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:23:16 PM by Swishahouse6 »
Don't Date Robots! The world is trained to ignore everything unless it comes from the church, their TV, celebrities, or the media.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal