Author Topic: Serve from AMEX  (Read 790 times)

iBaked

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • Rooster in my rari
Serve from AMEX
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:41:59 PM »
I would like to thank American Express for making such a wonderful service, that is basically JUST like PayPal, without all of the details and shit.

Need to send money? Cool. Send it without a reason.
Need to request money? Cool. Request it without a reason.

Of course, there is verification of which a bank account, debit card, SSN, etc... Some or all of the above will be needed, but this is all for obvious reasons. Other than that, you get a real nice and pretty card in the mail a few days after signing up!! Unlike PP, you get this one regardless. This allows you to use the money that is in your Serve account anywhere that you would like, but has to accept AMEX obviously.

Subaccounts are pretty badass on there too, but I don't have a reason just yet. Seperate cards (will come in mail as well once made) and names are to be used for these subaccounts, which are pretty neat. I'm assuming one could just make a random subaccount, and have this to make payments or whatever under such name. You just load money to the sub from the main.. Hmmm, just thought of that actually - let me know if anyone gives er a go though.

I would recommend everyone on this forum to actually get one of these accounts. They are completely FREE of charge, and are only beneficial to say the least. Lot of vendors are accepting this type of payment as well, if you all haven't realized. Much less of a hassle than PP if you ask me.

Just giving everyone a little shed of light, as this type of payment processing is great for all of us!!

Thanks to The Dude too for hooking me up with a cool new way to pay for stuff. Good stuff  ;)

In GOD we trust, all others we monitor - 'Merika

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
Re: Serve from AMEX
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 02:48:58 PM »
I got one too. PP and Google wallet along with others are just too shaky.
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

FSU

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 02:55:22 PM »
IMO the best method of receiving a payment is by using a moneypak. So many free debit cards out there that do not charge per use or monthly,etc I have a few that charge and some that don't.  Just load the MP code onto your debit via internet or phone and it'll instantly be available....Great for sellers but no so great for buyers security wise, once you give that code away and it's used, no refunds,etc

Serve has been around before along with a few others but there is always a "waiting" time or a "catch" which sucks. I prefer the instant payment and instant transfer to debit for instant transaction, no waiting or stupid paypal claims. Fuckers still owe me $760! Only a few more months to go before I can touch MY MONEY  =/

F U PAYPAL AND EBAY!!!!!!!!!!

FSU

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 01:57:13 PM »
w1zard, just get a moneypak   ;)

iBaked

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • Rooster in my rari
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 05:06:26 PM »
I refuse to upload a copy of a document with my social security number on it, like serve wants me to do to verify my account. No thank you.. I guess I just wont ever get to know what mid's blends are all about.. Darn..

I still to this day don't understand why people are so scared of giving their SSN to such a large business such as American Express. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand what is capable with such numbers, but why is everyone so afraid, it's not like some bum is asking you for that and you drivers license?

It's like when you open a bank account, do you think there are security precautions? They too will need this info, and will do exactly what AMEX intends to do, which is make sure you are you, not having multiple accounts leading to one person, fake accounts, false information, money laundering, identity theft, tax evasion, and the list goes on.....

They are not just going to take that info and go out to the nearest car lot and race off in a new Ferrari licensed under your name and your life cumbling because of debt and fraud.... No no no.

I really want to know the opposers side on this since I hear this more than the exact opposite.

Yes, FSU, moneypaks are clutch, but some of us have, let's say every penny owned, is digital. Bank accounts, PayPal, serve, amazon, and even MoneyPak visas... So much simpler to go online, wherever you are (apps even) and just transfer some cash real quick wherever need be. No more getting your shot together, headin out to Walmart in your pjs, and realizing the fucker right before you bought the last one. Now you gotta go to fuckin right aid to get that shit... Well fuck, right aid is goddamn 30 minutes away. Fuck it.. Ok so you get there and the bitches will only let you put 500 on it. Are you fucking kidding me? Walmart does a 1000 you fucks! Ok well gimme 2 cards. One for 500 and the other for 50. Now you gotta dish out 2 loading fees because of stupid standards. By the time you get back to the house, all ancy n shit, WHAT!!! The fucking numbers scratch off... You call Greendot and explain the whole situation and they ask for a pic of your receipt. Receipt??!?! Fuck!!! I threw that bitch away when I left right aid!!!!

Well, now they just go ahead and mail you a check for the amount of the funds that you had potentially tried to load in the first place. 3 weeks later. Well fck, how my gonna get this check cashed? Better head to the bank to get me a checkin account........

Ahh I'm just fuckin with ya FSU :P

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 05:19:19 PM by SunshineFolk »

In GOD we trust, all others we monitor - 'Merika

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal