Author Topic: All you can eat ribs - Golden Coral  (Read 787 times)

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
Re: All you can eat ribs - Golden Coral
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 01:13:54 AM »
Orthene i agree with your bathroom statement mostly, because if i were to see i nasty bathroom i would assume the back is nasty too. But where i cook at, the back of the house has nothing to do with the bathroom being clean, and our kitchen isnt that bad. Its the servers that only make 2.75 and hour that need to clean the bathrooms.......yeah i wouldnt want to either

Edit - You're also spot on about managers wanting to get staff of the clock as soon as possible. Its all about saving that labor cost, and all it does is allow grease and food and whatever the fuck to accumulate over time and become that much harder to clean down the road. That is whenever it actually gets cleaned, could be years for some cracks and crevices........
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 01:26:28 AM by AMeanOne »

walterwhite

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 01:28:22 AM »
Anyone watch Kitchen Nightmares?

Great fucking show

Akitsu

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 09:38:25 AM »
Florida Golden Coral are pretty bad at the best of times.

That said, in NC we have a restaurant report card system, and GC is at 97% or better at all times... and yeah, they even check the dumpsters.  So I can have oodles of delicious well cooked buffet while the rest of you worry... lol.

In short, yeah... this guy works for a lazy asshole who simply doesn't care.  As with all buffet places, go on your own experience.  If a place sucks, don't go back.

Seatbelts

• TGL Supporter
  • TGL Shaman
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 04:18:15 PM »
Anyone watch Kitchen Nightmares?

Great fucking show
Hell ya, I like how its on netflix now too. Some of those episodes....

But I know first hand about this kinda stuff, I briefly worked for an Iranian gas station manager. We had a deli, which I ran. We were instructed to reuse 4 day old fried chicken that had been under a heat lamp all day, and make it into chicken salad.. Well one day one of the 4 day old chicken salad sandwiches I made sat in a cold drink freezer, for 4 more days. 8 day old chicken, 4 day old mayo, 4 day old lettuce and bread that was soggy. He the instructed me to scrape off the wilted lettuce and remake it and put it back out. After this he started trying to pay me under the table, which I refused and then started actually stealing from my check and 3 other employees. On top of that, they made me move a refrigerator by myself from the store I worked at, load it into his truck and then he drove me to his trailer and made me unload it by myself, carry it up the stairs and inside. I gashed my had pretty bad setting it down, (needed stiches) and the fucker actually had the nerve to yell at me for bleeding on his new fridge..

All of this made me rage, So I had it out with him over him stealing my check, then he tried to physically remove my wife from the store at which point I lost it, and would have gone to jail for assault if she hadn't got me to walk out. On my way out the says "what you gonna do about it" and laughed.

So now Im fuming, 100 out of my check was taken, my wife was basically assaulted and then he has the nerve to taunt me about it? no.

I called the health department, which said they couldn't touch it because there wasn't enough seating for it to fall under there jurisdiction. So after being frustrated that the health dept couldn't stop contaminated food from being served, Not being satisfied I called the state board and finally got the department of aig to check.

39 health violations were found, while the inspector was there he witnessed them not using gloves to cut food and made them scrap an entire tray of chicken, to which mike (the manager) tried to argue with the inspector making it so much worse. Some of the better violations, No thermostat in the cooler, RTE foods stored below raw foods, no sanitation, they made us use windex watered down none the less. No 3rd sanitation process, (they ran out of tablets for 3 weeks) all the way down to improper light bulbs in the heat lamps.

Needless to say my friend who worked there said when they showed up unannounced they started shitting bricks. The health guy pad locked their doors and they were so mad at me he was willing to risk getting in whatever irs trouble you get into when you refuse to mail an ex employee their W2.

So if you ever are driving and think "hey that gas station sushi looks so good"! Just dont. 
"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without police protection is both".

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal