Author Topic: Curcumin extract - natural pain relief  (Read 2104 times)

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
Curcumin extract - natural pain relief
« on: November 25, 2013, 10:40:41 AM »
Figured this would be of use to some of you spicers who are dealing with pain issues. Curcumin is a natural pain reliever and COX-2 inhibitor- which is the same mechanism that NSAIDs like ibuprofen and aspirin use to alleviate pain. That's not the only mechanism of pain relief either, as NSAIDs I believe only selectively inhibits COX-2. With curcumin however, there is no liver and stomach damage that can come with NSAID use. There's an extract called BCM-95, which essentially is an extract that contains 95% curcumin alkaloids and oils. I've been using various brands for the past 5 months or so for daily aches and pains, like carpal tunnel and joint pain and this thing is AMAZING. I imagine those with more serous aches and pains would enjoy this along with their smoking.

Also, from what research I've done on different drug forums, there could possibly be some potentiation with other drugs. I noticed it boost the effects of Vyvanse (extended amphetamine) and it adds some nice analgesic action to blends and weed. It's also supposed to be a potent anti-oxidant, can't hurt to have those lol

You gotta shop around a bit cuz some companies like to have crazy high prices, but Jarrows brand has a 500mg/60 caps for $13, which is a steal imo

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HKZ85A 

Hope this info might help any of yall out there
 :joint

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 12:05:35 PM by spicer »

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
Re: Curcumin extract - natural pain relief
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 01:36:10 PM »
This is the real deal people only one advice - take the whole herb. There is some evidence that curcumin can be cancerous where the whole herb tumeric does not. I take a half to a whole tsp in cold water with half tsp black pepper. Pepper increases bioavailability by 20 times!
Tumeric inhibits the enzyme that breaks down kratom, this is how I was introduced.
Tumeric is super cheap at Indian groceries or online.

People, always go whole herb. The plants have balanced enzymes. If you do like most of us white people and think you're gonna take only the active, well the plant knows you need more than that for your health, gives you chems to balance. So trust in nature and take as she intended.
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 01:42:52 PM »
It's thought tumeric is the reason Altzheimers is so rare in India. They're reducing inflammation with every meal (tumeric is in almost all Indian dishes). So even if you don't deal with chronic pain, we ALL have constant inflammation that will benefit from tumeric.
Satan Satan Satan Satan

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 01:55:36 PM »
I have also heard about the ALzheimers thing. Hopefully it is true because I have a family history of alzheimers and I definitely do not want to go down that road! So in your experience does it potentiate kratom? I had some UEI from LHS recently but I never thought about combining it with curcumin

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 03:20:09 PM »
It's supposed to lengthen kratom sessions. I can't say for sure?, but I do know it's awesome in its own right like you said. So I take it anyway, can't do anything but love up on me so I say bring it on!
It's considered tacky to try to poopoo tumeric in the kratom community, cuz even if it doesn't work so well for kratom it is nevertheless something we should all be taking anyway.
Ppl come to kratom for the warm blanket, but I've come to love kratom for all the herbal helpers that synthesize well, has introduced me to a whole new world of natural & very effective remedies.  :cigar
Satan Satan Satan Satan

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 07:48:11 AM »
This is pretty damn cool, Spicer and Avoca. Thanks for the info, and I'm gonna give this one a shot.

I had some UEI from LHS recently but I never thought about combining it with curcumin

Also a question - how is LHS' Kratom? Do their regular strains compare well to other vendors? I typically go for that over extracts or enhanced options. Their prices seem decent, but would appreciate some feedback if you have any.

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 08:49:37 AM »
This is pretty damn cool, Spicer and Avoca. Thanks for the info, and I'm gonna give this one a shot.

I had some UEI from LHS recently but I never thought about combining it with curcumin

Also a question - how is LHS' Kratom? Do their regular strains compare well to other vendors? I typically go for that over extracts or enhanced options. Their prices seem decent, but would appreciate some feedback if you have any.
I tried a couple of different strains before picking the UEI. Their brand of Maeng Da didn't work for me, neither did the Happy Kratom Maeng Da that is on his site. I decided to pony up some extra money for the ultra enhanced indo and let me just say it works lol. 1 capsule with no tolerance is a nice stimulating boost, 2 and it's even more stimulating and euphoric, and one time I mixed 4 with a little bit of codeine and I was straight nodding. That was the first time I had any decent experience from Kratom. I opted for 18 capsules at $70, so keep in mind it is expensive. If you keep your tolerance down and stick to 2 at a time I think you would be satisfied. I'll probably order some more in a month or two. The low doses reminded me of mixing a small amount of amphetamine with a small amount of opiates, so I enjoyed that the best cause it made me more social at work and nobody could tell otherwise  8)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:52:06 AM by spicer »

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
  • ex head of security cast a way..and forgotten
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 10:04:07 AM »
Very interesting Read. Awesome thread.  :horns up

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 10:13:17 AM »
Thanks for the follow up, Spicer. Sounds like the UEI is a winner. I'm very pleased with my normal vendor's Kratom/pricing, so maybe I'll try a small sample from LHS to check it out.

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 10:37:17 AM »
Bikhuk US has new stock! Hurry b4 it's gone! Got borneo red vein in yesterday, I swear a 6 hr buzz and afterglow today! Probably the best for the price anywhere.
Satan Satan Satan Satan

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 11:33:25 AM »
Thanks for the head's up, Avoca! :rock:

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 11:52:21 AM »
Bikhuk US has new stock! Hurry b4 it's gone! Got borneo red vein in yesterday, I swear a 6 hr buzz and afterglow today! Probably the best for the price anywhere.
Can you compare whole leaf powder to UEI (if you've tried UEI)? I imagine its different since the leaf has the full spectrum of alkaloids, but I've never tried whole leaf before

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 12:45:39 PM »
I've only tried extract once, I'm afeared of extracts for the most part. And that was not a pleasant experience, was more tense energy, didn't like it. Not smooth like whole leaf.
Also, in general, extracts don't contain enough antagonists & can do a # on your tolerance. Create worse withdrawal. So in my opinion, do your UEI, but use it to enhance plain leaf. Use both in other words.
I would suggest Speciosa Pro, Bikhuk, and CosmicKratom. All have excellent plain leaf.
Satan Satan Satan Satan

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 12:50:17 PM »
I did try some green vein from LHS once, it was OK but I'd go with one of my suggestions instead. I probably won't order kratom from LHS again, maybe a small one to try again sometime.
Satan Satan Satan Satan

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 01:25:04 PM »
I've only tried extract once, I'm afeared of extracts for the most part. And that was not a pleasant experience, was more tense energy, didn't like it. Not smooth like whole leaf.
Also, in general, extracts don't contain enough antagonists & can do a # on your tolerance. Create worse withdrawal. So in my opinion, do your UEI, but use it to enhance plain leaf. Use both in other words.
I would suggest Speciosa Pro, Bikhuk, and CosmicKratom. All have excellent plain leaf.
Good suggestion, I might do that next time I pick up some UEI. I knew about the tolerance issue, though I suppose that comes with any extract, buts its far too expensive for me to build one up :p

I enjoyed it by itself so I imagine it would mix great with some whole leaf, thanks for the vendor info - been looking for some quality kratom vendors

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal