Author Topic: TruNarc  (Read 689 times)

Blend Master General

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Shaman
TruNarc
« on: January 04, 2014, 09:41:58 PM »
TruNarc a portable hand held laser device capable of testing drugs with the speed of light. These are not brand new been around for over a year at least but the agencies even small ones if you live in BFE are getting a hold of these. These probably won't hold up in court but could have your ass in the back of a black and white.

http://www.laboratoryequipment.com/sites/laboratoryequipment.com/files/styles/large/public/le39_ie_thermo.jpg

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: TruNarc
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:00:26 PM »
So...am I the only one who thinks this might be something akin to the fake detectors that guy sold to governments worldwide...that were really just a novelty "golf ball finder"?  :P

Don't get me wrong; I'm well aware of the abilities of spectroscopy, but I think that putting a highly dubious portable device such as this in the hands of ham-fisted LEO's can only end badly for Joe Public.  People WILL be falsely imprisoned on the results of this device (as if that wasn't easy enough for them to do already).  All a corrupt LEO has to do is keep a few handy samples of the real McCoy on hand and Presto!  Instant fodder for the corporate penal industry.

Blend Master General

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Shaman
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 05:25:48 AM »
I agree this is probably a useless piece of shit but I posted it for people to know this is out there. Police officers are not skilled enough to use this because they have no back ground like a crime lab scientist would have so just this click and point device couldn't hold up in any real court of law. Would you want your average law man arresting you with this device when he don't even really know what the hell hes dealing with hes just been told to be on the lookout for those shiny baggies that say potpourri.

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
  • ex head of security cast a way..and forgotten
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 10:05:35 AM »
scary if it works

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 04:11:19 PM »
I agree this is probably a useless piece of shit but I posted it for people to know this is out there. Police officers are not skilled enough to use this because they have no back ground like a crime lab scientist would have so just this click and point device couldn't hold up in any real court of law. Would you want your average law man arresting you with this device when he don't even really know what the hell hes dealing with hes just been told to be on the lookout for those shiny baggies that say potpourri.

Another scary thought is this is basically the same action popo currently get when using their "trained" doggy
     Seems like it is always up to the dog handler to determine if the dog "signaled" or not & it seems like that
        doggy is always making a sign, whenever the handler is suspicious   :bus:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal