Author Topic: If your feeling a little small today....  (Read 1423 times)

Ozric

If your feeling a little small today....
« on: January 14, 2014, 12:42:04 AM »
Its because you really are.....

http://htwins.net/scale2/

Taz

Re: If your feeling a little small today....
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 10:37:44 PM »
Not small just pissed today.

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 11:31:27 PM »
Lol you got me

niemandgeist

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • Mushroom Muncher :)
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 12:07:45 PM »
I am used to being small. I am only 5'3" tall, maybe 5'4" tall. When I went to get my driver's license at 17 that's the only time they've measured me. I may have grown a bit since. I don't know. When I go to the doctor again I'll ask them to measure me. I'd still be 5'4" tall at the most.  I'm fine being short, though. It's never negatively affected me in life. I hear all the time how if you're short and you do online dating women will pass you by. Online dating makes it far easier to be picky anyway. It's like you're shopping for traits and all you do is look at the list of information without ever once speaking to or meeting the person. Then, if you actually go to meet the person, there's a good chance they've lied about their height, income level, educational level, and used pictures from when they weren't old or fat anyway. So I don't really get it, but I don't do online dating. I've never had issues in real life, though. Almost all of the women I've been with have been taller than I am. Some of them over 6 feet tall.

In regard to the whole universe thing, though, we are less than a speck of dust, cosmically speaking. If only every one of us, especially the people in power in this world, could be blasted out to space to see how tiny and fragile we and our world truly are.

Astronauts who have gone out to space and seen the world from far away come back permanently changed. They call this the "overview effect". There's a really sweet documentary about it that contains very high quality video of the Earth as the International Space Station (ISS) flies over it. The astronauts also talk about how seeing the world in this way has changed them:

Not a valid vimeo URL (Full free documentary) -- Tons of awesome shots of Earth with auroras and lightning and more.

Here's a quote from an astronaut that really puts things into perspective:

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch.”
― Edgar D. Mitchell

Source: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/astronaut

I felt that I had a very similar experience when I tripped on many chemicals. The most profound realizations relating to this topic that I have had were from when I tripped on 2ci and then LSD. It was most profound and pronounced on LSD, though.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:10:53 PM by niemandgeist »
I am always up for chatting online with some new and interesting people. I don't really PM too many people here much. If you see this and you're interested in chatting or are bored and such. Please hit me up. I LOVE conversation.

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 02:57:18 PM »
Niemand is a damned shame how short people are treated in our society. One glaring example I can think of is lifting and 'short man syndrome'. You ever notice how when a tall guy gets big and jacked nobody says anything bad, but if a shorter person does it must be because they have a short man syndrome? My old roommate was 5'8, so just a little shorter than average, and he was incredibly muscular and very strong. I would overhear people say this in the gym, I guess they assumed I wasn't with him or something, and I always tried to call out these people on their bullshit. One of the benefits of being shorter is you can pack muscle on faster and your proportions allow for weight to go on faster for compound lifts, so I'm pretty jealous of that.

I never got why women are so attracted to taller men though (right off the bat at least). But in my case height isn't everything because I"m 6'4 and 23 years old, and have never come close to ever having a girlfriend in my life :(

D3Dman

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • May your pipe always be full.
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 07:42:41 PM »
Niemand is a damned shame how short people are treated in our society. One glaring example I can think of is lifting and 'short man syndrome'. You ever notice how when a tall guy gets big and jacked nobody says anything bad, but if a shorter person does it must be because they have a short man syndrome? My old roommate was 5'8, so just a little shorter than average, and he was incredibly muscular and very strong. I would overhear people say this in the gym, I guess they assumed I wasn't with him or something, and I always tried to call out these people on their bullshit. One of the benefits of being shorter is you can pack muscle on faster and your proportions allow for weight to go on faster for compound lifts, so I'm pretty jealous of that.

I never got why women are so attracted to taller men though (right off the bat at least). But in my case height isn't everything because I"m 6'4 and 23 years old, and have never come close to ever having a girlfriend in my life :(

Wow. Sounds to me like you just have bad luck. (or are you very shy?)
"You can't buy happiness... but you can buy weed, which is pretty close."

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 08:32:57 PM »
Yes its definitely my fault. I'm not going to play the blame game or pull that Elliott Rodger bs and expect women to just like me. When I was a kid I was PAINFULLY shy, to the point where I avoided any social interaction that I could. I hated my life for real, and still some days I do (especially when sober). In high school I started noticing how anxious I was around people - the culminating point being where in my senior year instead of going to lunch and finding a table to sit at, I went to the bathroom each and every day for the entire year just because I was so scared about not seeing anyone I knew at lunch. Its pretty pathetic looking back :/

For whatever reason my confidence was zero around women. Its better now but now I feel like an outcast/outlier for being 23 and a virigin and never been on a date. It does suck but at the same time I'm a very depressed person and I don't think it would be fair to drag someone else into this. IDK I could be depressed because of the whole situation but who knows at this point.

I try to practice my social skills at my part time job though, lots of good looking women in swim suits come in.. fingers crossed lol
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:34:56 PM by spicer »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal