Author Topic: Oklahoma Senator wants marijuana legalized  (Read 232 times)

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
Oklahoma Senator wants marijuana legalized
« on: January 24, 2014, 07:57:04 PM »
Oklahoma Senator wants marijuana legalized, Says, “Marijuana Has Not Killed Anyone”
Posted on: 3:45 pm, January 20, 2014, by Chellie Mills, updated on: 04:11pm, January 20, 2014
Marijuana
OKLAHOMA - Whether states should legalize marijuana is a debate that continues.
That debate is heating up this week on the tales of a newly released, controversial interview with the president.
President Barack Obama is quoted in a recent article in the New Yorker magazine as saying he doesn’t believe marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol.
State Senator Constance Johnson is taking it even farther, saying alcohol is more dangerous than marijuana and should be legal.
Johnson has tried in the past to get legislation approved to legalize marijuana, but it has never passed.
This year she is trying again, introducing Senate Bill 2116. The bill would allow for the regulation and taxation of marijuana.
Johnson said, “I think we need to accept the realities that alcohol is a dangerous drug, prescription drugs are dangerous. Marijuana has not killed anyone.”
She says this measure would “acknowledge it and legalize it up to one ounce, I believe. That’s our intent.”
Mark Woodward, with the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics, said, “I’ve seen it wreck more lives than any other drug.”
The Oklahoma State Bureau of Narcotics hopes the bill does not make it through the legislature. In fact, Woodward says marijuana is a dangerous drug. He says while a person can take a drink of alcohol and not get drunk marijuana always causes a person to become impaired.
Woodward said, “The big difference is everyone who smokes marijuana gets intoxicated, becomes high off of it and becomes a safety risk.”
Woodward believes legislation like this sets a bad example for young people in our state.
He said, “We’re trying to tell kids to stay off drugs and then they’re seeing voters and legislators voting to legalize getting high on drugs. That makes our job as parents, law enforcement and educators a lot more difficult.”
Though Senator Johnson strongly believes the drug is not dangerous.
She said, “We’ve legalized alcohol, which is far more deadly and dangerous than marijuana.”
She believes Oklahoma is getting closer to legalizing the drug.
Johnson said, “We’re making progress. I think the things that happened in Colorado will mean more action and activism in Oklahoma.”
Senator Johnson says a recent poll shows most Oklahomans do in fact support the legalization of marijuana.
Her bill will be considered during the upcoming session, which begins February 3, 2014.

source http://kfor.com/2014/01/20/senator-pushes-for-legalization-of-marijuana/
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
Re: Oklahoma Senator wants marijuana legalized
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 11:17:25 PM »
I bet Woodward gets a big nod and a wink from the powers that be and after his agency is shut down, instead of being publicly laughed and shamed into submission, he will be given some cushy ass govt post for life.

Oh well, it's best to wish the best for ppl anyway... Wish for enlightenment instead of revenge... But damn it would be nice to see these asshats get what they deserve.

He says he's seen pot ruin more lives than any other drug blah blah blah__---what he really means is he's gotten the pleasure of ruining more lives over pot than any legitimate policing.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:20:42 PM by avoca »
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

JustSayin

• TGL Kratomologist
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • I get knocked down, but I get up again!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 07:10:17 AM »
 :goodpost

I think they will do or say anything to keep their jobs that should have never existed in the first place. Rather see peeps hospitalized or killed by alcohol or dirty street drugs. One drink quite often leads to another, and another  and another. Wht would we do if the medical issues caused by alcohol were to diminish rapidly as people take up weed instead??

Dee EE Aay = the devil
Life is The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 04:10:55 PM »
:goodpost

I think they will do or say anything to keep their jobs that should have never existed in the first place. Rather see peeps hospitalized or killed by alcohol or dirty street drugs. One drink quite often leads to another, and another  and another. Wht would we do if the medical issues caused by alcohol were to diminish rapidly as people take up weed instead??

Dee EE Aay = the devil

Way I see it all the alphabet agencies are doing jobs that once were assigned to congress to fix. Then congress got all busy wasting all of everyone's
money buying a bunch of crap that few people want, so they went ahead and started assigning their actual work over to a bunch of bs agencies.
Far as I can tell, now that congress has spent the next few generations money in advance, this country can no longer afford to have them sitting
around, coming up with new ways to get out of doing any real work. Anyhow with smart phones and the web, nobody in Amerika needs these
false rulers anymore. Now we can decide how We The People wish to conduct business, by merely asking US via smart-phone for an actual vote
For the People & By the People!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal