Author Topic: Media and Politicians Call Out Obama Over Marijuana Rescheduling  (Read 237 times)

SwishaHouse6

Media and Politicians Call Out Obama Over Marijuana Rescheduling
« on: February 07, 2014, 06:46:19 PM »
http://stopthedrugwar.org/speakeasy/2014/feb/03/media_politicians_call_out_obama

In his now famous interview with Jake Tapper last week, President Obama, while expressing sympathy for some marijuana reforms, told Tapper that the White House can't move marijuana to Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act to allow medical use, only Congress could:

OBAMA:What is and isn't a Schedule One narcotic is a job for Congress. It's not...

TAPPER: I think it's the DEA that decides...

OBAMA: It's - it's not - it's not something by ourselves that we start changing. No, there are laws under - undergirding those determinations...

As Tapper remarked, the president in fact can reschedule marijuana administratively, without an action of Congress. The DEA chief administrators for decades have declined to do so -- after DEA's own administrative law judges ruled that they should, the first one back in the '80s -- but Attorney General Holder could overrule them, and so could President Obama. On State of the Union with Candy Crowley last Sunday, CNN pushed back on the claim again, with Crowley pointing out the president's error after playing a clip from the interview.

Now members of Congress have joined in. Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) says that Obama could reschedule marijuana for medical use in a "a matter of days," according to US News & World Report:

"I don't dispute that Congress could and should make the change, but it's also something the administration could do in a matter of days and I hope they will consider it," says Blumenauer, who is currently circulating a letter among colleagues asking Obama to do so. Eight members of Congress have signed the letter so far.

Has Obama heard this? By now I'd imagine so.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Re: Media and Politicians Call Out Obama Over Marijuana Rescheduling
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 03:07:15 AM »
Funny how that sob can use his executive order powers to subvert the rest of the gov't & the people with his obamacare BS agenda, but
using an executive order for an actual good deed would be a twisting of justice for this retard. Its gonna be OK tho, no greedy gov't official
can resist taxing the most popular substance in the world by 25%  :weedspin

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 05:39:55 AM »
To many people in the House, and the Senate DRINK!

This is the real problem, hell a cop will arrest you for MJ, before
or after they drive home from the bar drunk,

I mean , who's going to stop a cop for DUI????

:ineeddrugs

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 10:30:15 PM »
Obama critisized bush for using executive orders, but hes bush on steroids concerning EO's.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »
Obama critisized bush for using executive orders, but hes bush on steroids concerning EO's.

I bet obama has a list of stuff he criticized bush for that he has done

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal