Author Topic: More good news about weed  (Read 810 times)

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
  • ex head of security cast a way..and forgotten
Re: More good news about weed
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 10:46:47 AM »
 :goodpost

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 01:06:07 PM »
Well its not all good news, I was going to ask about people who have had anxiety from smoking weed (I have when I first started)

• While marijuana’s “exogenous” cannabinoids also can reduce anxiety, chronic use of the drug down-regulates the receptors, paradoxically increasing anxiety. This can trigger “a vicious cycle” of increasing marijuana use that in some cases leads to addiction.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 01:57:23 PM »
Well its not all good news, I was going to ask about people who have had anxiety from smoking weed (I have when I first started)

• While marijuana’s “exogenous” cannabinoids also can reduce anxiety, chronic use of the drug down-regulates the receptors, paradoxically increasing anxiety. This can trigger “a vicious cycle” of increasing marijuana use that in some cases leads to addiction.

Actually "high" anxiety is one of the listed side effects of burning the real,
  my dad had a panic attack 40+ years ago that scared the crap outta him.
He was unable to walk, was barely able to call mom on the phone & by the
time she got to him he was unable to move for about 45 minutes, which didn't
make it any easier for me when I wanted to try it. I have never had a panic
attack on weed, but I have had many using blends. I find they become easier
to deal with the more often you have a few, cause by then You know inside that
it is gonna be allright, in a little while man

Far as marijuana causing addiction, let us examine this word for a moment. Addiction, to me describes
an acceptance of the terms of your use of anything & everything, and the potential willingness to try it
again. For instance the first time I rode a bicycle, I liked it. Even after wrecking the bicycle several times
& learning to accept the pain I still wanted to ride. Can we not theorize that I
had become addicted to this riding? Same thing with waking up, or drinking coffee, driving the car. Damn
even washing dishes has become an ugly, disgusting addiction in my household simply because no matter
how much I dislike this chore I found my need to eat from clean utensils & plates has overwhelmed my other
need which is to not touch the nasty filthy stuff in my sink ( I don't presently have a dishwasher...) All I'm really
trying to show is that the word addiction , seems to me at least to be a buzzword to describe some so called"evil
activity" so whenever I see the word "addiction" I figure whatever I am looking at is slanted to show that the person
who wrote the piece already doesn't like whatever he is writing about.

sorry for all that The Wax got me...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:01:31 PM by jones »

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
  • ex head of security cast a way..and forgotten
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 05:38:33 PM »
I have horrible PTSD panic attacks and Night Terrors..
they bring me to my knees sometimes.

Mary and Other cannaboids are the only thing that really helps calm me down.. :weedspin

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 06:43:35 PM »
I have horrible PTSD panic attacks and Night Terrors..
they bring me to my knees sometimes.

Mary and Other cannaboids are the only thing that really helps calm me down.. :weedspin

I'm glad to have missed out on the war thing
Thank You for your Service to this Country

try to avoid letting dr's know about your condition,
your gun rights are currently at stake

SwishaHouse6

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 07:21:58 PM »
Thanks for your service as well tibbers. What a great. Read  by Jones. Great insight something i am going to pay more attention to when reading an article in the future, or anything for that matter. I need to get my hands on some more wax it has been years since i got to experince  it.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 09:05:19 PM »
Thanks for your service as well tibbers. What a great. Read  by Jones. Great insight something i am going to pay more attention to when reading an article in the future, or anything for that matter. I need to get my hands on some more wax it has been years since i got to experince  it.

I have a friend and the wax makes her itchy for some reason, but the jewel full melt (water extraction instead of butane) works for her just fine

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 10:57:24 PM »

Far as marijuana causing addiction, let us examine this word for a moment. Addiction, to me describes
an acceptance of the terms of your use of anything & everything, and the potential willingness to try it
again. For instance the first time I rode a bicycle, I liked it. Even after wrecking the bicycle several times
& learning to accept the pain I still wanted to ride. Can we not theorize that I
had become addicted to this riding? Same thing with waking up, or drinking coffee, driving the car. Damn
even washing dishes has become an ugly, disgusting addiction in my household simply because no matter
how much I dislike this chore I found my need to eat from clean utensils & plates has overwhelmed my other
need which is to not touch the nasty filthy stuff in my sink ( I don't presently have a dishwasher...) All I'm really
trying to show is that the word addiction , seems to me at least to be a buzzword to describe some so called"evil
activity" so whenever I see the word "addiction" I figure whatever I am looking at is slanted to show that the person

I dont think addiction is an evil word, just something that describes an over reliance on something and even though it has negative effects on you, you can't stop. Marijuana gets you high, so its not impossible for someone to get addicted to it (after all, people get addicted to sex, gambling, eating, online shopping which all have chemical changes going on in the brain), so I do think it's a bit silly to compare that washing dishes. I think since marijuana is being legalized, we need to present the truth about all aspects of weed, not just the good parts. That's responsibly informing drug users of potential effects. There are forums on bluelight and drugs-forum where people have described being addicted to it, and I certainly am not one to deny someone else's experience with addiction. Just saying, lots of positives come with it, but some negatives as well.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 01:33:45 AM »

I dont think addiction is an evil word, just something that describes an over reliance on something and even though it has negative effects on you, you can't stop. Marijuana gets you high, so its not impossible for someone to get addicted to it (after all, people get addicted to sex, gambling, eating, online shopping which all have chemical changes going on in the brain), so I do think it's a bit silly to compare that washing dishes. I think since marijuana is being legalized, we need to present the truth about all aspects of weed, not just the good parts. That's responsibly informing drug users of potential effects. There are forums on bluelight and drugs-forum where people have described being addicted to it, and I certainly am not one to deny someone else's experience with addiction. Just saying, lots of positives come with it, but some negatives as well.

One of my problems with marijuana is if I use too much of it for too long It will no longer get me high.
Therefore I can't call it an addiction. I was addicted to meth and I used it every 4 hours every day, except
when I was sleeping--Now that was an addiction. Marijuana just isn't strong enough for it to become an addiction for me.
I take a shower every  morning, but I can stop anytime I want--Does that make it just a Bad Habit? Maybe a better example of
a bad habit is everyone's need to defecate. I don't want to have to 3-4 times a day, but nonetheless you will find me in the
bathroom 3-4 times a day doing just that. Is that a dangerous addiction, since it is Fully out of my control to stop?

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 02:54:16 PM »
Well you are just speaking on your behalf, and thats fine, but it doesn't represent the whole spectrum of drug users. And no, taking a shit, showering, and smoking weed are not comparable lol. Cmon man Im not saying you are addicted to weed, I'm saying it can happen to SOME people. Of course its not going to be anything like meth or amphetamines...

iBaked

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • Rooster in my rari
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 03:31:36 PM »
LMAO.

Taking a deuce is inevitable. Now an addiction, is something that is built from something other than that, i.e. self-choices.

:rollingonasslaughing: Now that made me laugh pretty good though.
But anyways, a shower can be addictive I suppose. Had a buddy in college who was so OCD he showered at least (2) times daily.
Sometimes on the upwards of 3-4.  Now that could be considered addiction I suppose, and/or a mysophobe.

P.S. - I only take a shit once a day. 3-4  :o am I the weird one?  I feel like I'd have red ass all day if I shat that much.

In GOD we trust, all others we monitor - 'Merika

Simonsays

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • still your passenger
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 03:38:40 PM »
LMAO.

Taking a deuce is inevitable. Now an addiction, is something that is built from something other than that, i.e. self-choices.

But anyways, a shower can be addictive I suppose. Had a buddy in college who was so OCD he showered at least (2) times daily.
Sometimes on the upwards of 3-4.  Now that could be considered addiction I suppose, and/or a mysophobe.

P.S. - I only take a shit once a day. 3-4  :o am I the weird one?  I feel like I'd have red ass all day if I shat that much.

LOL...I thought the same thing. Only once a day for me as well. At least you could say Jones wasn't constipated.
I've been crawling on my belly
 Clearing out what could've been.
 I've been wallowing in my own chaotic
 And insecure delusions.

I wanna feel the change consume me,
 Feel the outside turning in.
 I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
 Cleansing I've endured within
                    46x2- Tool

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 03:57:16 PM »
LMAO.

Use wipes with witch hazel in it after you finish... your ass will thank you ;)

I use these because traditional baby wipes irritate my b-hole lol, itches like a motherfucker

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 05:55:05 PM »

Use wipes with witch hazel in it after you finish... your ass will thank you ;)

I use these because traditional baby wipes irritate my b-hole lol, itches like a motherfucker

witch hazel is good for general butt itch too
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal