Author Topic: Whoopi Goldberg on Cuomo’s ‘Restrictive’ Marijuana Law  (Read 419 times)

mattynugs

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
Whoopi Goldberg has some criticisms of New York’s recently enacted medical marijuana law, and some questions for Governor Andrew Cuomo.

In a column on the Denver Post's marijuana-related website, The Cannabist, the Oscar-winning actress took issue with the law enacted in June this year, questioning why the drug can be used to treat some medical conditions and not others.

“I’m sorry to say the governor’s plan doesn’t include conditions like glaucoma, migraines or severe menstrual disorders — very real issues for people who suffer from them, myself included (glaucoma),” she wrote.

The law’s scope was significantly limited after multiple rounds of negotiations with the legislature and Cuomo’s office.

“I would have loved to have had a conversation with the governor and his staff," Goldberg wrote. "I probably would have asked, 'Did y’all talk to a whole lot of patients? How did you come up with the list of conditions? And did you talk to any of the other governors about what affect medical marijuana has had on patients?'”

Goldberg also criticized the law’s ban on smokeable forms of marijuana.

Link: http://www.cannabisculture.com/content/2014/08/25/Whoopi-Goldberg-Cuomo-s-Restrictive-Marijuana-Law

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
She is right on the money. Cuomo would not have allowed any MMJ if it weren't close to re-election time. He is a tyrant.
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
I concur! Whoopi! you go girl!

:goodpost

:weed:

mattynugs

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
Whoopi is fucking awesome and not just in movies!!!

Smoke

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
thanks matty for the post...

mattynugs

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
Well if this ever passed and they aloud people with margarine then suddenly my head would hurt lol. Give me that med card!

JustSayin

• TGL Kratomologist
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • I get knocked down, but I get up again!
Cuomo needs his puppet strings cut and than he needs to be thrown in a wood chipper

Hey is he related to the motivational marionette (aka Pinnochio) on the Geico commercials whose nose grows when he tries to lie? LOL. Oh Cuomo, where is Gepetto when you need him to scrap you and start over...
Life is The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal