Author Topic: New DEA head reaffirms opposition to marijuana legalization  (Read 523 times)

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
New DEA head reaffirms opposition to marijuana legalization
« on: September 10, 2015, 08:30:26 PM »
Chuck Rosenberg, the new head of the United States Drug Enforcement Agency, dashed the hopes of many marijuana legalization advocates who hoped he would be more open to reform than his predecessor Michele Leonhart.

Rosenberg sat down with Fox News last week to address the heroin epidemic sweeping the country. When the topic of marijuana came up, Rosenberg said he doesn’t think marijuana is as dangerous as heroin, however he doesn’t believe pot should be reclassified under the Controlled Substances Act, as reported by High Times.

More from High Times:

“Marijuana is dangerous,” Rosenberg said. “It certainly is not as dangerous as other Schedule I controlled substances; it’s not as dangerous as heroin, clearly, but it’s still dangerous. It’s not good for you. I wouldn’t want my children smoking it. I wouldn’t recommend that anyone do it. So I don’t frankly see a reason to remove it.”

Rosenberg went on to clarify that the DEA would still be enforcing federal marijuana laws in states with legal marijuana, when deemed necessary.

“I’ve been very clear to my special agents in charge: If you have a big marijuana case, if that, in your jurisdiction, is one of your biggest problems, then bring it,” he said.

When policy contradicts scientific evidence

It’s curious that the head of the United States Drug Enforcement Agency would tell the public that marijuana is “dangerous” and “not good for you” when almost all the scientific evidence points to the opposite being true.

Numerous scientific studies suggest marijuana may be somewhat of a wonder plant. It’s a powerful anti-inflammatory; it appears to help prevent Alzheimer’s disease; and it has negative associations with cancer — marijuana appears to prevent cancer as well as killing existing cancer cells.

Even the National Cancer Institute, a government run institution, recently admitted that marijuana kills cancer cells in numerous studies.

One has to wonder why the U.S. DEA chief would be setting drug policy, and promoting that policy to the public, based on personal opinions, rather than scientific evidence.

Source http://extract.suntimes.com/news/10/153/2647/new-dea-head-reaffirms-opposition-marijuana-legalization
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 08:33:08 PM by ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×® »
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Re: New DEA head reaffirms opposition to marijuana legalization
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 09:12:59 PM »
Lying sack of federal shit. I can't wait for those cop killers to get started on federal gov't employees!

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 10:23:59 PM »
It would seem he didn't get the memo that one of the reasons his predecessor got run out of town on a rail was her opposition to MJ reform.

Same can happen to him.  Those who do not learn from history...

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 10:43:11 PM »
Lying sack of federal shit. I can't wait for those cop killers to get started on federal gov't employees!

Wow

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 10:53:20 PM »
wow is right! AMO!

DAM!

KT

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 11:54:27 PM »
wow is right! AMO!

DAM!

KT

I think you spelled a beaver's dam,
    Damn that damn beaver's dam

Yes, I do still hate cops & I'm not picky about which ones I hate
  I hate them All. I just wish that in Our Free World I could help
some of these killers out, it would make me feel good
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 11:57:06 PM by jones »

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 12:10:38 AM »
You need professional help. Seriously.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 12:27:52 AM »
You need professional help. Seriously.

Maybe the next time you lose Your gun shop because a smart-ass POS cop trips you
and you fall down onto his partner (who is laying on the floor already) You will understand,
     Grasshopper

btw the entire pile of shit also cost me about $45k, I'm sure You would be living on the street
if someone took Everything You fuckin owned, then You might begin to see why I Love Dead Cops
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:34:32 AM by jones »

AMeanOne

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 02:15:36 AM »
We've all heard that story a hundred times. It doesn't change the fact that what you want is a fucked up thing. So because a corrupt cop got your business taken away, that justifies the death of cops who had nothing to do with your situation and do their job the way they're supposed to? Yep, makes a lot of sense.

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 09:09:21 AM »
So I guess this was the typical BS that the folks in our gov spew all of the time - Chuck Rosenberg, a former administrator at the FBI, claimed that instead of attacking marijuana users and sellers, that he wants to “improve the DEA’s procedures on classifying, declassifying and reclassifying drugs,” as the new chief of the DEA.

As much as cops piss me off at times, they are a necessary evil. DEA agents and Congress, not so much...

We need to purge all of these assholes, from the potus on down! :14_6_12:

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 10:57:00 AM »
The 2016 President will have to squeeze this highly infected pimple and see how it heals.

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 12:52:00 PM »
We've all heard that story a hundred times. It doesn't change the fact that what you want is a fucked up thing. So because a corrupt cop got your business taken away, that justifies the death of cops who had nothing to do with your situation and do their job the way they're supposed to? Yep, makes a lot of sense.

I still don't give a damn for a shit-load of dead cops, plenty of them are out killing innocent
               people for no good reason and that alone is good enough reason for me to wanna
       see more turn up dead. I'm not shooting any of them personally, don't blame me if others
                            seem to feel the same way that I do

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 02:25:59 PM »
I am going to take the middle ground here and say not to trust any LEO. They can legally lie to you in an effort to incarcerate you. at least its more fair when its just 2 ppl with guns.

sounds cray cray I know but its getting that way.

spicer

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 05:25:04 PM »
Its more of a situational thing, anything other than a traffic stop (like ticket or light out etc) don't trust em, but I've gotten out of a ticket just because I treated them with respect and got it back. Theres nothing to lose giving someone respect, how they use that is up to them

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 11:09:30 PM »
Its more of a situational thing, anything other than a traffic stop (like ticket or light out etc) don't trust em, but I've gotten out of a ticket just because I treated them with respect and got it back. Theres nothing to lose giving someone respect, how they use that is up to them

If you treat them with respect, you have a better chance of coming out without tickets & fines

One time I had a cop, he wanted to know how many guns I had on. I said "three", he was like
"Wow, they only let me carry two"! I got off without a fine...
    So kiddys, get a few guns & conceal them!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal