Author Topic: PA house passes medical marijuana bill  (Read 287 times)

mattynugs

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
PA house passes medical marijuana bill
« on: March 16, 2016, 07:32:05 PM »
HARRISBURG, PA — Pennsylvania lawmakers in the House of Representatives passed Senate Bill 3 with a vote of 149-43, which would legalize medical marijuana in the state.

Wednesday’s debate on the state House floor started shortly after 4 p.m.

Rep. Sims  argued there is, “No metric to measure the smile on a child’s face when they can go a day without a seizure.”

While Rep. Matt Baker spoke in opposition of the bill saying, “I can not remember the last time a body voted on a bill in direct violation of federal law.”

Representatives passed multiple amendments in favor of the bill on Monday and Tuesday.

The Senate, which originally approved the bill last May by a vote of 40 to 7, will not be able to vote to approve the reformed bill until Monday, which is its next day in session.

Governor Wolf has said he will sign a bill legalizing medical cannabis when it reaches his desk.

Senate Bill 3 will allow doctors to prescribe marijuana to patients in pill, oil, and liquid form. House amendments narrowed the number of conditions to just over a dozen, including forms of cancer, epilepsy, HIV/AIDS, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, and post-traumatic stress disorder.

Dozens have families camped out this week inside the state Capitol to show support for SB3.

“The last couple days and last couple years we’ve been beating our heads against the wall,” says Angela Sharrer of New Oxford, Adams County. Angela’s daughter emily suffers seizures the result of epilepsy. She calls the fight to legalize medical cannabis in Pennsylvania an “emotional rollercoaster.”

“We’re at the top and we’re ready to slide down and throw our hands up in the air,” she said

JustSayin

• TGL Kratomologist
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • I get knocked down, but I get up again!
Re: PA house passes medical marijuana bill
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 08:38:20 PM »
While Rep. Matt Baker spoke in opposition of the bill saying, “I can not remember the last time a body voted on a bill in direct violation of federal law.”

Douche Bag - this kind of thinking reeks of the "I really don't care about my constituents, I'm going to be a close minded hard ass propagating the failed drug policies that started in the LBJ and Tricky Dick NIxon era and was accentuated more recently.

How about shift the paradigm and quit looking for the "I Like Ike" era to ever come back. I kinda sense that the American public as a whole hasn't felt secure or happy since Vietnam. Just my observation and opinion but this crap goes so far back and was accelerated by Reagan and Bush.  But this is not a Republican or Democrat or thing they all are equally guilty of taking advantage of the constituents.. Guilty in the first degree of fucking over the people who believed in them. And convincing many who did not to believe their lies and pay for supporting their politician by being left out in the cold. Like our veterans. And people who are driven to crappy street drugs to get relief instead of proper treatment. Things like that..
Life is The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed

mattynugs

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 08:42:47 PM »

Douche Bag - this kind of thinking reeks of the "I really don't care about my constituents, I'm going to be a close minded hard ass propagating the failed drug policies that started in the LBJ and Tricky Dick NIxon era and was accentuated more recently.

How about shift the paradigm and quit looking for the "I Like Ike" era to ever come back. I kinda sense that the American public as a whole hasn't felt secure or happy since Vietnam. Just my observation and opinion but this crap goes so far back and was accelerated by Reagan and Bush.  But this is not a Republican or Democrat or thing they all are equally guilty of taking advantage of the constituents.. Guilty in the first degree of fucking over the people who believed in them. And convincing many who did not to believe their lies and pay for supporting their politician by being left out in the cold. Like our veterans. And people who are driven to crappy street drugs to get relief instead of proper treatment. Things like that..
Matt Baker gets funding by pharma he rather have people on fucked up pills

mattynugs

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 12:51:44 PM »

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 01:12:29 PM »

What trips me out is how many Americans forget how this country got started in the first damn place - a friggin REVOLUTION! Americans should challenge the authority of centralized government at every opportunity, it is our very birthright. Just cause the feds say so doesn't mean crap - prohibition anyone? They govern us via our consent, and we have the right to challenge them whenever we do not agree with their direction. How screwed up are folks that want to trust in our government to take care of them from cradle to grave? :snoop:

Sounds like this Matt Baker asshole needs to be tarred and feathered... :piss:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal