Author Topic: Hardeners?  (Read 469 times)

jbmac

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
  • Don't Date Robots!
Hardeners?
« on: April 14, 2016, 11:44:04 AM »
My bud with the aquaponic system asked me about hardeners to make the buds harder without hurting the smoking. He will wash the buds after
harvest with pure water. He heard about sugar water, any other ideas?
Don't Date Robots! The world is trained to ignore everything unless it comes from the church, their TV, celebrities, or the media.

GrindCandy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: Hardeners?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 01:31:53 PM »
My bud with the aquaponic system asked me about hardeners to make the buds harder without hurting the smoking. He will wash the buds after
harvest with pure water. He heard about sugar water, any other ideas?

You know for a guy that suppose to have this greenhouse and advance type setup sure ask some noobie guestions.
Only thing that will make hard buds is genetics a on point nutrient regime and most important alot of light. And if sativa dominant make sure not picked early and some strains just don't get that dense. You don't ever want to do anything but water at the end. Sugar water at the end will prob do more harm then good expecially on a sativa.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 01:34:25 PM by GrindCandy »

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 03:30:16 PM »
WTF is this a noob grow?

HID lights. 600 watts or more per plant with good side lighting and fans to move the branches around for strength  from resistance is what does it besides having a decent clone or seed to start from

Fucking with buds, adding molasses to the soil, all that are gimmicks to make shit bud appear better than it really is.

Tell the guy to buy the marijuana growers handbook and read it cover to cover 4 or 5 times before he ever tries again.

go to reddit.com/r/microgrowery for advice.  I will warn you that if he asks questions like this, they will chew him alive.

It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

mattynugs

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 03:39:10 PM »
WTF is this a noob grow?

HID lights. 600 watts or more per plant with good side lighting and fans to move the branches around for strength  from resistance is what does it besides having a decent clone or seed to start from

Fucking with buds, adding molasses to the soil, all that are gimmicks to make shit bud appear better than it really is.

Tell the guy to buy the marijuana growers handbook and read it cover to cover 4 or 5 times before he ever tries again.

go to reddit.com/r/microgrowery for advice.  I will warn you that if he asks questions like this, they will chew him alive.
here's a question I really would like to debate.. Are non organic fertilzlers effect the end product? There's people who say non organic won't hurt you if you flush the plant the end of its flowering stages

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 03:42:51 PM »
as long as you flush for 2 weeks, it will be fine. The turpenes are most affected by chemical fertilizers, not plant structure or potency.
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

GrindCandy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 04:09:40 PM »
Just a few experiance and opinions on organic vs chemical.

Yes they both can change how the bud taste good and bad.
Yes they both can affect how the mj burns.  Although I have found straight organic bud burns better. Almost always burns to a clear ash and slower. As alot of chemical burns black till the end but not a good chemical grow.

You can't flush out everything in a chemical grow the matter what they say if at any point in time you burned the plant up or where just using using to much food the bud will be effected you can't flush out that mistake last few weeks. Flushing does make a smoother cleaner product but not if you already mess up. I witness this first hand once where I feed the shits out a crop on a strain I knew alot about and how it reacts to feeding.  Got larger yeild didn't burn the plants at all flushed for 2 weeks plant easy smooth but taste was drastically effected due to higher nutes and a bloom booster used. Curing and drying is about just as important as anything else those for flavor burn etc to those Matty.

GrindCandy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 04:12:45 PM »
as long as you flush for 2 weeks, it will be fine. The turpenes are most affected by chemical fertilizers, not plant structure or potency.

This is fairly true terpenes is basically only thing affected good or bad.  Although my strongest shits Always came from organic runs for some reason. Also greenhouseseeds been testing organic vs chemical grown products of tthere's and alot of the organic test is just a point or so stronger. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal