Author Topic: Bill Introduced To End Federal Marijuana Prohibition  (Read 1015 times)

ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
Bill Introduced To End Federal Marijuana Prohibition
« on: March 02, 2017, 08:06:27 PM »
Representatives Tom Garrett (R-VA) and Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) have introduced bipartisan legislation, HR 1227, to exclude marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act, thus leaving states the authority to regulate the plant how best they see fit.

The “Ending Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017” eliminates federal criminal penalties for possessing and growing the plant. This legislation gives states the power and flexibility to establish their own marijuana policies free from federal interference.

Representative Garrett says that marijuana prohibition disproportionately impacts those residing in jurisdictions of lower socioeconomic status, and believes that state governments are plenty capable of setting their own marijuana policies.“Virginia is more than capable of handling its own marijuana policy, as are states such as Colorado or California,” he said in a prepared statement.
The intent of the “Ending Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017 is consistent with the view of most voters. According to recent polling by Quinnipiac University, 59 percent of Americans support full marijuana legalization and 71 percent believe that states, not the federal government, should set marijuana policy.
With the recent confirmation of militant marijuana prohibitionist Jeff Sessions to the position of US Attorney General, and with comments from the Trump administration warning of a coming federal crackdown in adult use states, passage of this Act is necessary to ensure that medical marijuana patients and others are protected from undue federal interference.

D3Dman

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • May your pipe always be full.
Re: Bill Introduced To End Federal Marijuana Prohibition
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 11:00:42 PM »
If only. I really hope this goes through.
"You can't buy happiness... but you can buy weed, which is pretty close."

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 02:00:59 AM »
Love to see this go through!

:weedspin

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 09:06:43 AM »
 :goodpost

Great stuff! Love that it is being presented in a bipartisan manner. Will have to keep an eye on this one... :popcorn:

Free da Weed!

:weedspin :weedspin :weedspin

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 11:06:33 AM »
Yay, my job will still fire me. Good news for sure but just how good I have to wonder. Why not just fully legalize?  Hmmmm

So folks in shitty states will slowly become sicker than those on the coast etc until they move... Creating different classes of citizens 

time to fully legalize , this world is so primitive even still, crazy

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 11:08:11 AM by avoca »
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 11:37:43 AM »
Things have just begun to change, after so many years of the same.
  No point trying to rush the change, I don't think it can be rushed

Simonsays

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Master
  • still your passenger
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 12:36:13 PM »

:goodpost    :goodpost
I've been crawling on my belly
 Clearing out what could've been.
 I've been wallowing in my own chaotic
 And insecure delusions.

I wanna feel the change consume me,
 Feel the outside turning in.
 I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
 Cleansing I've endured within
                    46x2- Tool

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 12:54:03 PM »
i hope this goes trhough as well D3DMAN. This would be awesome. Leave tokers alone. Go after other people who are dangerous!

and let the  :cheech:  Be at peace without worries. Only threat tokers pose is NONE on society. So FEDS go after people who are a threat to society instead of MJ Tokers!

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 01:36:55 PM »

:goodpost :goodpost
Meanwhile millions suffer
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 04:31:31 PM »

:goodpost :goodpost
Meanwhile millions suffer

They always did, it isn't anything new

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 06:38:50 PM »
Yay, my job will still fire me. Good news for sure but just how good I have to wonder. Why not just fully legalize?  Hmmmm

So folks in shitty states will slowly become sicker than those on the coast etc until they move... Creating different classes of citizens 

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. The main reason a job will fire you for MJ is over insurance companies forcing the employer to test for it. Since MJ is currently a Sched 1 'menace', insurance companies can deny claims and raise rates if emps get caught toking the Devil's Weed. My interpretation of something like this would probably remove that issue. If it ain't prohibited at the fed level anymore, then it's no longer considered 'dangerous' for most intents and purposes. I wouldn't think that states could bust you just for having it anymore, but they could prevent the sale of, etc. Perhaps it would be similar to how alcohol is regulated at the state level which produces some strange rules and dry counties here and there. Of course, i'm just pulling that out of my ass right now, so we'll have to see if this gets any traction and what the deal really is. :popcorn:

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2017, 10:38:55 PM »

Every once in awhile, when work slows down I will get loaded before work
It is easy to see why most companies if not all, want their employees lucid while they are paying them
Yesterday I pulled a wake and bake & managed to lose my phone--I wound up finding it after wasting an
hour driving to the nearest AT+T to get a new sim card for my spare phone & driving back to work

Back when I spent 12 years as a cook I went to work stoned most of the time and never had a problem,
I always felt I outworked the majority of the kitchen crew at most of the places I worked, stoned or sober
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 10:43:27 PM by jones »

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
11 Senators Urge Feds to Stick With Current DOJ Weed Policy
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2017, 11:18:03 PM »
Senators from 8 states that have legalized recreational & medical marijuana are asking Jeff Sessions
to uphold existing DOJ policy towards states with voter-approved marijuana laws
www.thecannabist.co/2017/03/02/marijuana-department-of-justice-senators-letter/74797

Akitsu

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 09:17:01 PM »
Sadly when it comes to good ideas, there's always a truck full of idiots ready to screw things up for the rest of us.  Take for example NC'S House Bill 2... which the bible thumpers adore.  Well, that is till they couldn't go to concerts, NBA games, and every other event that cancelled over it.  Lost the state a low ball estimate of 600 million bucks.  All the sane people want it gone, as there's future projects threatening to pull out on the state over it... but there's a contingent of idiots who seem to think pedophiles are lurking around every corner, just waiting to put on a dress and rape their daughters.  (You can't blame them, the idiots who backed that shit used that as the example to get it voted in... and politicians NEVER lie)

The long and short of it is that there are people out there who've never smoked a joint, and believe pot drives black men to rape white women, and make white men gay and/or listen to jazz.  You can't fix stupid overnight, and decades of D.A.R.E. and DEA ads have programmed the weaker minded folks into believing ONE JOINT will lead to heroine and meth. 

ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2017, 09:37:46 PM »
Sadly when it comes to good ideas, there's always a truck full of idiots ready to screw things up for the rest of us.  Take for example NC'S House Bill 2... which the bible thumpers adore.  Well, that is till they couldn't go to concerts, NBA games, and every other event that cancelled over it.  Lost the state a low ball estimate of 600 million bucks.  All the sane people want it gone, as there's future projects threatening to pull out on the state over it... but there's a contingent of idiots who seem to think pedophiles are lurking around every corner, just waiting to put on a dress and rape their daughters.  (You can't blame them, the idiots who backed that shit used that as the example to get it voted in... and politicians NEVER lie)

The long and short of it is that there are people out there who've never smoked a joint, and believe pot drives black men to rape white women, and make white men gay and/or listen to jazz.  You can't fix stupid overnight, and decades of D.A.R.E. and DEA ads have programmed the weaker minded folks into believing ONE JOINT will lead to heroine and meth.

The fossils are dieing. we can stick it out.  :joybob:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal