Author Topic: How To Make The Best Soil For Marijuana  (Read 1658 times)

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
Re: How To Make The Best Soil For Marijuana
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2017, 12:00:18 PM »
Impressive. I just changed over to all LED lighting yesterday.
I am interested to hear more about the lights you bought and your grow in general.

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2017, 07:33:43 PM »
Impressive. I just changed over to all LED lighting yesterday.
I am interested to hear more about the lights you bought and your grow in general.
The lighting I got from my son, who grew about 3 years ago and got a pretty good yield. He got rid of most of his growing equipment after he quit smoking awhile back. I don't really know about the wattage or anything. Any tech info was on the rear circuit boards which I mounted to the underside of a table. I don't have mylar, but I added a couple of large mirrors to box in my grow area. And of course a fan to circulate and strengthen the plants.

I am pretty sure your grow is probably a little quicker and more productive than mine; I fully went into mine knowing I didn't have much money at all to throw into it. The most expensive of what I have paid into it is the Fox Farms soil, organic plant food, and buying larger pots when my plants outgrew the smaller ones. The lights were hand me ups and I didn't ask much about them. I have five Blue Dream plants that look pretty healthy. They are 13 to 16 inches tall and standing straight up even when the fan hits them. Then I have three plants that are from different seeds that I pulled from a bag of unidentified buds. These guys are runts, and one of the three has to be propped up to stand. I am not willing to throw them out just yet, but don't have high hopes for them either.

I am going to try flowering the Blue Dreams at the beginning of August. Giving the stalks a little more time to strengthen and me to get a timer set up and finish organizing the flowering closet. I am going to use a walk in closet for flowering; it's otherwise unused and I can keep it 100 percent dark. The three runts I am going to flower later if I get them a little heartier.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2017, 09:13:55 PM »
I have about $500 total  outlay. That includes light,dirt,exhaust filter,tent,timer, pots, fertilizers,watering cans, cups, trays, ... and everthing else. I have 4 bedrooms upstairs and i put the tent in my office. About 100 of that is mistakes or dumb newbie buys...
The floor of the tent is a sea of green and the plants look like they just had an explosive growth spirt. Like 2 inchs overnight. My plans were to kick in flowering mode this weekend but with the seamingly huge growth spurt i will wait another week. I had my lights set at 18 n 6... but left the lights on 24/7 and i think i will try that for this week.  Next week 12 n  12....
5 16 17 highest plant, from the bottom of pot,  is 27 inches and lowest 20. The largest leave set is 9 inches across.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:48:33 PM by 1954 »

ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2017, 10:04:51 PM »
I have about $500 total  outlay. That includes light,dirt,exhaust filter,tent,timer, pots, fertilizers,watering cans, cups, trays, ... and everthing else. I have 4 bedrooms upstairs and i put the tent in my office. About 100 of that is mistakes or dumb newbie buys...
The floor of the tent is a sea of green and the plants look like they just had an explosive growth spirt. Like 2 inchs overnight. My plans were to kick in flowering mode this weekend but with the seamingly huge growth spurt i will wait another week. I had my lights set at 18 n 6... but left the lights on 24/7 and i think i will try that for this week.  Next week 12 n  12....
5 16 17 highest plant, from the bottom of pot,  is 27 inches and lowest 20. The largest leave set is 9 inches across.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest needs no fertilizer at all until flowering. Then use Fox Farm Super Bloom or Tiger Bloom after a good 2 day flush with clear water and into about the 2nd week of flowering. Make sure you are using filtered water with a ph of around 7-8.

Seems like expensive soil until you realize it is all inclusive.

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2017, 10:50:47 PM »
Fox farm fertilizer  3 pack  and Neptune fish n kelp and Epson salts. I have 3 half gallon water cans and put in about 1\2 cap of each and mix it with a stick.Leaves are lush. Currently have 16 cloth pots and they get watered almost everyday now.
Cloth pots I think is a big improvement. No over watering or stagnate water in bottom of flower pot.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:55:09 PM by 1954 »

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2017, 05:23:06 PM »
Tallest plant is 32 inches.... growing like weeds.

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2017, 08:53:51 PM »
Planted 5 14 17... switched to 12  -12 lighting about 1 and a half weeks ago. Still no positive signs of male plants... or even female. I am such a newbie. Getting nervous... plants look awesome. Very healthy. What next?... like i told wifie... well we have about 2 pounds of leaves so far... if thats all we get >grinz<

ÂçïÐ_Rëƒlü×®

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2017, 11:16:06 PM »
Planted 5 14 17... switched to 12  -12 lighting about 1 and a half weeks ago. Still no positive signs of male plants... or even female. I am such a newbie. Getting nervous... plants look awesome. Very healthy. What next?... like i told wifie... well we have about 2 pounds of leaves so far... if thats all we get >grinz<

stay with 12/12 for a cpl more weeks.  if you mess with the light too much you piss them off and make herms.

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2017, 12:03:40 PM »
Going to pick up some Neem. Top layer of soil seems dry, butI am getting some fungus gnats.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2017, 09:07:19 PM »
Going to pick up some Neem. Top layer of soil seems dry, but I am getting some fungus gnats.
Fly paper works very well, especially in a tent. They also make sticky sticks to put in the pot. Dude told me they work great, bought some, pretty inexpensive but cured the gnats with some bud friendly bug spray I bought at hydroponics store in Dayton.
KABOOM
Killed 3 obviously male plants tonight.! Will check again tomorrow.
I added a 25 watt RED LED tonight too.
Gonna get me some serious bud me thinks.>grinz<
Getting excited now.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:57:29 AM by 1954 »

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2017, 10:58:48 PM »
FIVE males total , are dead.
The rest of the plants, except 2 slow poles have flowered. look like females... Did I ever luck out On the female/ male ratio thing.

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2017, 10:42:38 AM »
Well, in regards to the fungus gnats....I did a root drench with Neem. Removed all plants from the grow area and sprayed residual insecticide on the walls. Waited several hours to insure the walls were completely dry before putting the plants back in place. Since I realize that Neem doesn't kill the gnats, but rather keeps them from feeding and reproducing, I'm pretty impressed to have seen zero gnats for the past two days. I still should probably do a topical treatment to the leaves, but going to wait a few. They are finally having a growth spurt, and I may be in good shape to start the lighting schedule.

Edit: As an aside, everything I read on Neem oil said it had an odor of peanuts and garlic. My son (who thinks he knows more than me) said he used Orangecide, which I googled and am pretty sure does not exist. But after the treatment the room smelled orange-y to me. The label made no mention of d-Limonene, and I think if it was added the label would have touted its presence. The brand I used was Garden Safe for Organic Gardening. 70 pct. hydrophobic neem oil extract concentrate, not sure what the other 30 pct. is.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:04:12 AM by orthene »
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2017, 09:54:48 PM »
All my the plants are beginning to flower. I added the deep red 25 watt LED lamp next to 1000w full spectrum LED.  The major plant directly under the new RED lamp had a reslly big growth spirt. I sware the plant grew 6 inches in 48 hours.
Keeping my fingers crossed. Hoping for big yield. Plants look really healthy. I think there are 15 left. All females me hopes.

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
GUESS THE HARVEST DATE CONTEST ... 1954 FIRST GROW
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2017, 09:06:59 PM »
The tallest plant is 40 inches.

5 14 to 8 12 17
 :stoned
CLOSEST GUESS TO HARVEST DATE
GETS A FREE SAMPLE
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:13:20 PM by 1954 »

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2017, 03:58:58 PM »
Tallest is now 42 inches tall.play by play.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal