Author Topic: I received horrible news at work.  (Read 1540 times)

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
I received horrible news at work.
« on: April 20, 2022, 05:25:59 AM »
This fucking sucks.  We had a meeting  at work letting us know that  my company is doing a mass lay off. We are all loosing our jobs. I'm really at a loss of words rite now  :-[ I've worked here for 8 years.
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/global-logistics-giant-ceva-cutting-146-jobs-in-ohio
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 07:36:11 AM by toy »

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: I received horrible news at work.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 09:55:26 AM »
I hope you can find a new job soon.

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 10:39:13 AM »
Sorry to hear toy. I worked for a place that made dies for GM and Chrysler castings; everytime one of the auto mfrs. layed off people, we got laid off. Everyone was always nervous wondering when the hammer was coming down next.

Hope you find something fast. There are help wanted signs everywhere in my area. Some places are desperate for help and you can negotiate a higher wage or sign-on bonus. I wish you the best of luck.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

BurnMan

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 02:26:38 PM »
get a basic resume or work history together and send it to me. I will send it to al my contacts and put it on all the job boards.

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 03:05:38 PM »
Very sorry, Toy. On the bright side, layoff means you should get to ride the UI gravy train for a little while, at least.

Not sure your location (not asking), but Honda's got a snootload of facilities in the region that may be of interest.  Supply chain too.

Not that I recommend automotive to anyone...it's truly a most distasteful industry to work in...but it can put some food on the proverbial table nonetheless, if push comes to shove.

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 05:44:10 PM »
My brother has worked for Honda over 25 years (as a CNC programmer).  I was told when work was slow, you could take the day off with no pay or take OTJ training with pay. I know he was at the Marysville Ohio plant and xferred to Anna OH one. Wish I could give you a contact or something but he hasn't spoken to me in about 20 years, cuz I'm the blacksheep ya know lol. Anyway, I know they pay good and have awesome benefits. Last I heard, they won't allow 2 employees from the same family, but that may have changed.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

future perfekt

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Shaman
  • I'm a party aminal without a party!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2022, 05:52:37 PM »
Take your hobby and find a way to make money. It's possible depending on the amount of money inflow you need.
<3
)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(_)_(
I don't do anything illegal, anything I say is all made up of fabricated stories. Believe me. =-)

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2022, 01:41:19 PM »
Thanks for all your kind words  and recommendations.  You guys are awesome  :goodpost

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2022, 04:02:14 PM »
Another company might be moving into our building and signing a contract with us. It's not 100% a sure thing thuogh. We find out in May. I have to reapply with all these companies though. If this new company  doesn't  sign a contract with us I do have the option to go work at another geodis.  I'm just trying not  to drive too far away. They are all a 1/2 hour driving distance from me. But at least if I transferred to another geodis I get to keep my same pay rate and insurance  and 401 k heath savings account. I just have to play the waiting game and see what happens.Im 48 years old hopefully  I don't ent up  With really physically demanding job.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 04:12:56 PM by toy »

• TGL Artisan
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Legalize POT !
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2022, 09:20:32 PM »
If you can commute to Dayton the company where I work is hiring..

toy

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2022, 06:51:07 AM »
I would 1954 but Dayton is to far away for me thanks thuogh :thumbup:

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2022, 01:09:18 PM »
This fucking sucks.  We had a meeting  at work letting us know that  my company is doing a mass lay off. We are all loosing our jobs. I'm really at a loss of words rite now  :-[ I've worked here for 8 years.
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/global-logistics-giant-ceva-cutting-146-jobs-in-ohio

There should be a law against bad shit happening on 420

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal