Author Topic: How do you guys feel about the THC/THCa rules being changed?  (Read 350 times)

Ngls

• TGL Member
How do you guys feel about the THC/THCa rules being changed?
« on: April 24, 2022, 02:45:40 AM »
With the start of 2022 the rules for hemp changed, closing the THCa hemp loophole.  Since weed contains very little D9 THC with the lions share of of active THC in the open ring THCa form, it has technically been legal to sell and ship very high percentage THCa weed as hemp for the past three years or so, as long as the D9 THC tests under 0.3%.  Some companies are still selling but the vast majority of hempsellers are not going to risk it, but are allowed to sell hemp thatcwas grown before 2022 to be sold until it is gone.  The same rules are being exploited to sell D9 edibles almost everywhere, for example full D9 dose gummies can be legally sold everywhere because they all have less than 0.3% THC by weight.

The rules were changed to incorporate a total THC level.  For a couple years, though, cannabis with THC levels with percentages well into the high 20s was being sold all over, with the exceptions being states with no hemp sales or total cannabis effects chemicals. 

All good things come to an end, just wondering how all.of you are feeling about these federal crackdowns on hemp and weed. 

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Re: How do you guys feel about the THC/THCa rules being changed?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 11:48:21 AM »
I'm happy to reside in one of the 18 states where critical thinking has prevailed and cannabis is 100% legal for medical and recreational purposes.   
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

jones

• Global Moderator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 12:34:16 PM »
I'm happy to reside in one of the 18 states where critical thinking has prevailed and cannabis is 100% legal for medical and recreational purposes.   

Same here, in AZ you can stop in at any store that sells weed & buy as a medical patient or adult. Of course
medical users pay less & get to take cuts in the lines but I still prefer to not be singled out by the Feds as medical patients are for loss of their gun rights, so I prefer to do without a medical marijuana card

KratomToke

• Administrator
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 10:02:10 AM »
 :smokepack

Yes I also live in a legal state. Before it was legal
I used some hemp flower, but Is it just me ,
Or is hemp harsher than regular MJ???

:cheech:

BurnMan

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 04:58:51 PM »
hemp flower is all grown outdoors and a very little in greenhouses. The nose is good on some strains but the terpene profile
is more like an industrial scent than a natural and botanical scent like its sister.

The good news is a few companies are crossbreeding it with good cannabis strains and in a few more years will

have actual OG strains with little THC but a decent terpene profile.

The bad news is it will continue to be grown outdoors and have bug poop, skunk piss, etc on it the

entire time it is growing out there.

There isn't enough profit for hemp bud to grow in under HID lights and organic soil which is exactly what it needs.

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal