Author Topic: What Pearl Jam Sounds Like To PPl That Hate Them  (Read 562 times)

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
Re: What Pearl Jam Sounds Like To PPl That Hate Them
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 05:22:24 PM »
I don't hate them, but lost interest after the first 2 albums. Seems like each subsequent album had one song worthy of listening to.  Guess I was thankfull (at one point) that Mr. Vedder and crew were standing up to Ticketmaster and their system of overpricing via "convenience fees" and other add-ons. But apparently, the almighty dollar is still king, and enjoyers of music are still the mark.

"Pearl Jam, which famously accused Ticketmaster of driving up fees by creating a monopoly when it gobbled up competitors in the 1990s, has come full circle. After lobbying on Ticketmaster’s behalf against the BOSS Act, the band is once again using Ticketmaster mobile-only ticketing systems to strip their fans of ticket transfer or resale rights for their upcoming tour dates, save in New York and Colorado – states which require consumer choice in ticket format by law. With the transfer and resale restrictions in place, there should be no “scalping” but that’s where Ticketmaster “platinum” tickets come in."
https://www.ticketnews.com/2022/03/pearl-jam-fans-furious-over-band-charging-scalper-ticket-prices/

I'd rather drive to the venue in advance and buy tickets at face value, and if enroute Pearl Jam comes on the radio, I turn it tf off. But that's just me.

Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX
Re: What Pearl Jam Sounds Like To PPl That Hate Them
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 11:34:54 PM »
To be fair, one could reasonably draw the conclusion that Eddie Vedder was suffering from some kind of severe gastrointestinal distress.

I loved their first album...and it was a swift downhill ride from there.  I think about the only thing I liked after that was Do the Evolution, and that was unquestionably more due to this incredibly bitchin' video: 

SO much to unpack there, visually speaking.  Under the proper influences, that video is entirely...overstimulating. The dancing lady strobe effect damn near gave me a seizure.  :bakedmonkey: 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal