Author Topic: Advisory committee reports majority of Kentuckians want medical marijuana legal  (Read 443 times)

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
https://www.wlky.com/article/advisory-committee-reports-kentuckians-want-medical-marijuana-legalized/41471653

KENTUCKY —
An advisory committee reports a majority of Kentuckians want medical marijuana legalized.

Gov. Andy Beshear's office released a summary of the feedback the committee has received at town hall meetings online.

Beshear says polling suggests 90 percent of adults support legalization to help people suffering from chronic conditions. He is still considering the action he can take.

"I appreciate the work of those who participated, and I am taking this information into consideration as I analyze what steps I can take to legalize medical cannabis for those suffering from chronic, debilitating medical conditions," Beshear said.

A summary from the committee included several key findings, including that Kentuckians are fearful of the addictive properties of opioids and painkillers currently being prescribed for chronic conditions.

There were military members at the town halls who were in support of medical marijuana because of its benefits in reducing PTSD symptoms.

Thirty-seven other states, including Ohio and Illinois, already allow the use of medical marijuana.

Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

3V1L9371U5

• TGL OverLord
  • TGL XxElitexX

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal