Author Topic: Being Laid Off Sucks  (Read 2794 times)

walterwhite

Re: Being Laid Off Sucks
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 03:43:13 AM »

Sounds like you are better off not dealing with that terrible boss, like people always say - you don't have to work for assholes.  I have worked at plenty of restaurants and I know the feeling of being a waiter, it gets old fast, but the tips are legit.

Seems like he got mad you didn't give him bud anymore, well fuck that.

I like mustangs as well btw!
Yea in the long run probably not, I wish I could of had another job lined out first though. I would rather put up with the terrible boss and not go into more debt, than vice versa lol! And yea my tips were always really good, I'm an excellent people person. And yea man, fuck that guy. Im talkin as much shit on that guy as possible to everyone in my community from now on lol.
And oh yea man, there's nothing like a nice 'Stang. Mine is a Black 2001 SVT Cobra, with a vortech supercharger and a 2004 terminator cobra longblock. 620hp, pulls like a fucking freight train. (:
But oh wait, not right now, because I blew the fucking $3,000 transmission... -_- Shiiiiit, I need to win the fucking lotto or something. Fuck my luck lately lol!

Don't worry about f bombs, I prefer them.  Nice Cobras are dope!!

Sucks you blew the tranny man, I hate car repairs, I'm fucked without a car right now as well until I can pay the bill hopefully soon.  Public transportation sucks sometimes.

walterwhite

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 12:34:43 PM »
All that stuff sucks Wizard.  Sounds like your girlfriend really screwed ya over, their are plenty of fish in the sea though, move on and you'll be better for it.

Thanks for that advice, I am doing similar things like that already.  Going to stop at as many places as I can today, going to take a long walk into town see what's happening. 

Akitsu

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 02:01:25 PM »
Yeah, I got laid off quite some time ago... my boss figured out he could do my job instead of playing WOW all day and double his profits.  By then I was massively in debt, and paying $700 a month in interest on CC bills.  Cashed in my retirement, sold my car, did computer repair, started selling hats, shirts, and art online... a rough couple of years to be sure.
I finally wised up an realised my situation was dire... contacted an attorney and wiped the slate clean.  Feels good to not be in the debt hole, but it isn't like having an actual job and steady income. 
That said, I'm happier than I have been in years.

My advice for job seekers?  When they ask if you can work holidays, weekends, or any other day... say yes.  When they ask when you can start, "Whenever you need me.  Right now if you want."  Be friendly, enthusiastic, and well spoken.  They want a team player, somebody who'll bend over backwards if necessary.  The person who comes in with limitations to when they can work isn't getting his foot in the door.  After you get in, and they like you... feel free to do schedule requests and stuff.  The first few days at least you should be on the lookout for things to do, and people to help.  Make yourself indespensible.

the hellion

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2013, 02:53:27 PM »
Yeah, I got laid off quite some time ago... my boss figured out he could do my job instead of playing WOW all day and double his profits.  By then I was massively in debt, and paying $700 a month in interest on CC bills.  Cashed in my retirement, sold my car, did computer repair, started selling hats, shirts, and art online... a rough couple of years to be sure.
I finally wised up an realised my situation was dire... contacted an attorney and wiped the slate clean.  Feels good to not be in the debt hole, but it isn't like having an actual job and steady income. 
That said, I'm happier than I have been in years.

My advice for job seekers?  When they ask if you can work holidays, weekends, or any other day... say yes.  When they ask when you can start, "Whenever you need me.  Right now if you want."  Be friendly, enthusiastic, and well spoken.  They want a team player, somebody who'll bend over backwards if necessary.  The person who comes in with limitations to when they can work isn't getting his foot in the door.  After you get in, and they like you... feel free to do schedule requests and stuff.  The first few days at least you should be on the lookout for things to do, and people to help.  Make yourself indespensible.

Yeah that's how I got the job I'm at now... Already told walter to check it out....
Abduction means the end for me, a million years of misery...

R

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 03:13:43 PM »

Good advice.  Find out who actually hires in a company or even their boss and make an appointment.  Even if they dont have a job right now, they will remember your initiative.  Be clean--clean is better than flashy and no one really cares about the label of your suit, especially id you are not going to be in contact with customers.  Be engaging but don't make jokes--just be professional. Look and sound competent-- make them know you are ready to work and will be an asset.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal