Author Topic: You're Fired - Lost My Job - FML  (Read 2150 times)

mist

You're Fired - Lost My Job - FML
« on: May 12, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »
Hey Spicers, what's going on this weekend?  Got on here to vent a little bit.

Well, I have been employed by the same company for 5 years, it's been a great place to work, friendly co-workers and the pay was enough to keep me happy and food on the table for me and my family.  The last few months have been tough, lots of lay offs, things changing frequently because of a merger with another company. 

People have been dropping like flies, being laid off, offered to work 10 hours a week, or being offered to relocate to someplace halfway across the country.  I believe over 20 people have been laid off the last two months, one of them being another member of this forum who I helped get the job years ago.

Well the pink slip finally hit my desk on Thursday and I was called into the general managers office to be given the run down.

Long story short I was let go immediately because of downsizing.  Not sure why they waited this long to tell me, most people were laid off weeks ago, wish I would've been given a heads up but I sort of saw it coming.

Sucks this happened, especially near Mothers Day, gotta drop some money on my wife and and have my daughter buy her something at least this afternoon.  I told her to get used to the ramen noddle diet, bologna type cause that's what it's gonna be if I don't get a job tomorrow.  May have to sell some goodies on ebay/cl later.

Wish my weed guy was around - at the beach for 2 weeks and no blends around my state.  I'm heading to the liquor store prob instead to drown my sorrows....

adamjj

Re: You're Fired - Lost My Job - FML
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 02:33:13 PM »
I won't have cash to send it out till Wednesday but I can send you a little of that doomsday

mist

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 04:12:18 PM »
Yo I appreciate the thoughts fellas.

Ya JB it does suck, doesn't it?  Trying to keep going strong anyway.  Kirby Vacuums sounds familiar ?

Thanks Adam and Dan.. I'll pm you guys this afternoon.....

FloatingHeads

• TGL Elite
  • TGL Shaman
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 04:40:46 PM »
I feel your pain Mist.  I was let go last year, collected UE then that ran out.  I've been doing little jobs here and there for little cash, nothing stable.  Been on the ramen diet myself.  Just wanted to say hang in there and keep your head up buddy.

walterwhite

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 07:56:23 PM »
Hey Spicers, what's going on this weekend?  Got on here to vent a little bit.

Well, I have been employed by the same company for 5 years, it's been a great place to work, friendly co-workers and the pay was enough to keep me happy and food on the table for me and my family.  The last few months have been tough, lots of lay offs, things changing frequently because of a merger with another company. 

People have been dropping like flies, being laid off, offered to work 10 hours a week, or being offered to relocate to someplace halfway across the country.  I believe over 20 people have been laid off the last two months, one of them being another member of this forum who I helped get the job years ago.

Well the pink slip finally hit my desk on Thursday and I was called into the general managers office to be given the run down.

Long story short I was let go immediately because of downsizing.  Not sure why they waited this long to tell me, most people were laid off weeks ago, wish I would've been given a heads up but I sort of saw it coming.

Sucks this happened, especially near Mothers Day, gotta drop some money on my wife and and have my daughter buy her something at least this afternoon.  I told her to get used to the ramen noddle diet, bologna type cause that's what it's gonna be if I don't get a job tomorrow.  May have to sell some goodies on ebay/cl later.

Wish my weed guy was around - at the beach for 2 weeks and no blends around my state.  I'm heading to the liquor store prob instead to drown my sorrows....

God Dammit!  I hate this economy.

mist

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 09:42:40 PM »
I feel your pain Mist.  I was let go last year, collected UE then that ran out.  I've been doing little jobs here and there for little cash, nothing stable.  Been on the ramen diet myself.  Just wanted to say hang in there and keep your head up buddy.

Nice to have someone on the same page with me.  I know it's weird but it's cool to read other stories in shitty times so you can just relate to them or understand that hey you aren't the only one who's been there.

I hate the ramen cheap food diet, I just want to grill a huge steak up ya know?

Trying to hang in there.  I might have to open this bottle of JD tonight... Prob make me angry tho

orthene

• Administrator
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 10:26:57 PM »
Sorry to hear about your plight mist, I just survived having my income suspended for about four months. Lucky my wife has SS and there are one or two just totally awesome family members that made sacrifices or we would be homeless about now. I do want to say that there are some folks here that built my spirits up when I was really low and I think you will see and appreciate that just as I did. Keep your head up, I know you will find something better than Kirby. They are always trying to hire out here and they have to trick prospective employees just to get them in as a captive audience. PM me if ya get bored...I will remain out of work for some time to come due to my physical condition and check in here throughout the day.

Re: the ramen diet....our situation made us look at our eating habits a lot closer. Cutting out things like soda pop not only ended up helping the budget but we learned to eat a lot more healthy for our buck. I continue to seek the positive out of the experience.
Sail and grow
Deep inside
The brave align
Green we stay

-Boss Keloid Lung Valley

mist

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 01:33:11 AM »
Sorry to hear about your plight mist, I just survived having my income suspended for about four months. Lucky my wife has SS and there are one or two just totally awesome family members that made sacrifices or we would be homeless about now. I do want to say that there are some folks here that built my spirits up when I was really low and I think you will see and appreciate that just as I did. Keep your head up, I know you will find something better than Kirby. They are always trying to hire out here and they have to trick prospective employees just to get them in as a captive audience. PM me if ya get bored...I will remain out of work for some time to come due to my physical condition and check in here throughout the day.

Re: the ramen diet....our situation made us look at our eating habits a lot closer. Cutting out things like soda pop not only ended up helping the budget but we learned to eat a lot more healthy for our buck. I continue to seek the positive out of the experience.

Nice reply Orthene.  You are right about that last part for sure.  When your down and out, it makes you realize what's really important and what's a necessity, and it's easy to cut back on things like soda, expensive food or whatever your interests include - really makes you evaluate everything.   Thanks for kind words my man.

mist

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 01:33:54 AM »
U have no idea. I may have to box this up. Lol. Sending you , we'll you figure it out, nope not even my blend. Lol . Someone sent it to me. Well    U.G.L.Y. and the ? Blend. But I already know who you will ask out. Lol.

Sounds sick.  Pebz On Point Like a No. 2 Pencil....

Subgenius

• TGL Veterans
  • TGL Master
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 02:56:12 AM »
Sorry to read of your misfortune.

Sign up for unemployment compensation. Try to use any skills that you have to make money under the table this income doesn't have to be reported !!

See if you are eligible for food stamps and any other government programs.

See if your employer is going to offer you a severance package.

Shut off your cable TV ,but keep your internet service on!

Don,t worry! Tough times don't last tough people do!!!

walterwhite

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 12:11:28 PM »
Sorry to read of your misfortune.

Sign up for unemployment compensation. Try to use any skills that you have to make money under the table this income doesn't have to be reported !!

See if you are eligible for food stamps and any other government programs.

See if your employer is going to offer you a severance package.

Shut off your cable TV ,but keep your internet service on!

Don,t worry! Tough times don't last tough people do!!!

Been down that list before, no fun.  Life's a bitch it will beat you up again and again, you just have to punch back until you get the KO.  Keep ya head up mist. 

mist

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 07:57:03 PM »
Thanks WW and Subgenius.  I'm working on it...

Galaxy Admin

• Administrator
  • TGL Ethnobotanist
It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

Tabula Rasa

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 12:20:55 AM »
Aww man. That does indeed suck. Been out of work for a couple years now (I'm overqualified for the stuff I can get with my degree) and the bf is "underemployed." 

I wish you great luck in finding decent work SOON! I wouldn't wish extended unemployment on anybody.

the hellion

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 10:53:04 AM »
Like I told ww, go to time Warner cable's website to see if they have any jobs available in your area. Installation or customer service... they always seem to be hiring here in Ohio, so it might be worth looking where live. .. stay strong, this will pass. I was in the shame boat. The temp service I was with kept laying me off, then i finally got hired into a job making less than ten bucksan hour before iI got work TWC. You'll make it through this, i promise...
Abduction means the end for me, a million years of misery...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal