Author Topic: kava kava reverse tolly - maintenance required?  (Read 3194 times)

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
  • ex head of security cast a way..and forgotten
Re: kava kava reverse tolly - maintenance required?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2013, 10:24:19 AM »
Kratom Is awesome...But A lot Of the times it Hurts My Tummy...And Tolerance Builds Fast For me..My Worst Case Was Like close To 7 tablespoons..gag just thinking of it mixed with grapefruit juice..Ughg..Sludge

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2013, 11:02:07 AM »
Kratom Is awesome...But A lot Of the times it Hurts My Tummy...And Tolerance Builds Fast For me..My Worst Case Was Like close To 7 tablespoons..gag just thinking of it mixed with grapefruit juice..Ughg..Sludge

Agreed, and interesting that you bring that up. My wife tried the Kratom along with me when I was first introduced, and she really liked it. After about a month of experimentation with pretty low doses, her stomach started giving her major problems. We've tried various ways of consumption with her at this point, and it's now apparent that she simply cannot take it anymore. Not sure if she has something else going on that the Kratom exposes, or if it is simply the Kratom itself. Regardless, no more Kratom for her - bummer! :(

And I just toss and then wash, btw. I've tried mixing it with several things to make it palatable, but the grit just turns me off. Haven't tried the whole leaf route as it seems whole leaf tea isn't is strong as the powder down the hatch, at least that's what I've read in several places.

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2013, 11:05:38 AM »
Yes , it is only certain people, I have a friend that has no probs with 20 + teaspoons a day split up...I NEVER could Redose..,,it Never worked me..made me throw up

Certain Thai Strains Do me right and energetic in low doses

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2013, 12:38:12 PM »
Uruk, maybe a tea would work, not ingesting grounds... It's harder to get full strength without eating the grounds also. But if that's her only option, it may work...
And if you see your mom this weekend, tell her I said
Satan Satan Satan Satan

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2013, 01:22:39 PM »
Thanks, Avoca. Great minds think alike.  :beers:

We tried that very thing, and it produced the same result. I was even thinking an extract might help so she could reduce the amount of material consumed, or even an extract based tea, but I think she's just done with it at this point. Really tears her stomach up. It must be the alkaloids that are doing her in versus the consumed plant material. Really sucks because Kratom is my next favorite natural substance after MJ, and she liked it, too. Maybe I should get her to try the Kava samples I have? Different alkaloids...Hmmm?

the hellion

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2013, 02:00:45 PM »
Kava is very earthy and even makes me gag sometimes. Paradise kava does make a flavored extract that's supposed yo be top notch (though I've never tried it) that you just let dissolve under your tongue. That might work fir her... If she gets nauseous easy I don't suggest drinking kava tea...
Abduction means the end for me, a million years of misery...

Uruk-High

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2013, 02:39:59 PM »
Thanks, Hellion.

Not sure that I would say she gets nauseous easily, but the Kratom certainly does a number on her. I'm going to let her decide on the Kava thing. I just happen to have a couple of free samps around if she wants to try it. It claims to be 'Super Instant Kava,' and it says mix with water. I'd be wary too if I were her. Not gonna push her to try it.

the hellion

• TGL XxElitexX
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2013, 03:21:26 PM »
I've never tried instant kava. I've always strained and kneaded
Abduction means the end for me, a million years of misery...

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2013, 03:32:22 PM »
I've tried several instant kavas from Z-eclectic (has great kratom too but is Dwolla). They do seem to work well but are perhaps more one-note, but then again kava varies regionally so it's hard to say. Their kava paste is super yum yum, 84% kavalactones. I use a toothpick and dip some out, apply to buccal zone, works great. I like it better than Kaviar instant.
Satan Satan Satan Satan

Silver_Fox

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2013, 10:19:50 PM »
Some people just don't understand the effects of kava, not meant to get you "high", so if thats what you are expecting then move on, useless comments help nobody...

I see some great advice in this thread.
Bula kava house is the shit...
Nylon stockings work great and its quite fun shopping for them :/ ...
Try some agua de coco by Goya, instead of regular warm water...
A little bit of ginger is your friend...

tibeirious

• Starship Admiral
  • TGL XxSpaceLordxX
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2013, 09:55:53 AM »
Ginger for the nausea, awesome Idea.

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2013, 03:23:04 AM »
Ginger for the nausea, awesome Idea.

I've heard peppermint tea is good for nausea, never tried it. But that may be good tasting, ginger n mint...
Satan Satan Satan Satan

skush

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2013, 03:40:37 AM »
I'm unsure if this counts as a breakthrough, (I also forgot my dosage) but I was taking Kava for more than a week or so and the one night I drank 2 or 3 strong cups of Vanuatuan kava.
It had me purging drunk as shit for 4-5 hours with a 2 hour crash. Great vibes
 :weedpass:
“Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

avoca

• TGL Elite
  • TGL XxElitexX
  • Compassion, fuckwads!
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2013, 03:51:44 AM »
I think I get your point synester, but purging for 5 hrs sounds terrible lol!!!

To the original point of this thread, as your post is on point, I believe I reached my breakthrough earlier this summer. I remember at festival my kava completely numbed me out, was at peace with the world. Then I got into shortcuts, different preparations, so less effect.

But with this kava paste, I know I'm in the pocket. I still think it's lacking some of the lactones of the full root but it does the trick.

Took a late night 5 grams of Z's stem n vein, and a toothpick of kava paste. My ps4 is absorbing @the moment. Maybe another toothpick and I can sleep.
Satan Satan Satan Satan

skush

• TGL Elite
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2013, 03:56:54 AM »
I think I get your point synester, but purging for 5 hrs sounds terrible lol!!!

To the original point of this thread, as your post is on point, I believe I reached my breakthrough earlier this summer. I remember at festival my kava completely numbed me out, was at peace with the world. Then I got into shortcuts, different preparations, so less effect.

But with this kava paste, I know I'm in the pocket. I still think it's lacking some of the lactones of the full root but it does the trick.

Took a late night 5 grams of Z's stem n vein, and a toothpick of kava paste. My ps4 is absorbing @the moment. Maybe another toothpick and I can sleep.

Hahah, I meant for an hour or so! Just to empty my stomach as I had a sandwich before I consumed the mixture created.
It was a blissful experience and I got very inebriated off it 4-5 hours
“Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal