Author Topic: Being Laid Off Sucks  (Read 2802 times)

FSU

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
Re: Being Laid Off Sucks
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 12:32:34 PM »
Oh well then you should be straight, here I was thinking you were broke n no job and know how long it takes to find something!  Then cheerio mate  :weedpass:

walterwhite

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 12:37:48 PM »
Oh well then you should be straight, here I was thinking you were broke n no job and know how long it takes to find something!  Then cheerio mate  :weedpass:

Ya not completely broke man but I'm close, hate the feeling when you have to check your bank account every time you go somewhere, make sure you have enough.

Can't even go out to eat right now if I wanted to.  I will probably be maxing out my credit cards in the next few weeks as well, because I don't have many other options right now.  Have car payments, vet bills kicking my ass right now.

Wish I was some expert bank robber or something, need a getaway guy like in Drive.

FSU

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 01:27:42 PM »
Well in that case I would try...U didnt quit or get fired, you got laid off n that is grounds for you getting a check. It'll help you eat n use saved money to pay on bills. Telling u, u get way more than what you think and it DOES help!U can get it for up to a year i think or 6 months  dont remember

FSU

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 01:28:16 PM »
Save ur CC's n credit n get ur checks u r allowed to get when u get laid off. Its normal

walterwhite

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 01:57:53 PM »
Well in that case I would try...U didnt quit or get fired, you got laid off n that is grounds for you getting a check. It'll help you eat n use saved money to pay on bills. Telling u, u get way more than what you think and it DOES help!U can get it for up to a year i think or 6 months  dont remember

Try for what Unemployment checks?  It takes weeks to get approved and checks sent out, I need a new job like yesterday man, can't wait that long. 

My girl is already getting on my ass about sitting around the crib, but she doesn't work, so that's another issue.  I'm the only one that was working.  Had a talk with her last night about getting a waitress job or something to help pay bills, it did not go well, got in a big argument she ended up slamming doors and all that.  Just shrugged it off myself though. 

FSU

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 02:13:20 PM »
Typical woman...Wants to be waited on hand n foot, especially w money   Know what you mean on that...You can still look for one and apply, and even if you only get 1 check before u find a job, at least it'll be back pay all those weeks you waited so it'll be a fat check and then bam, u got a job n a fat check to help u out a lil lol   Just another option yanno

FSU

• TGL Legacy Member
  • TGL Master
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 02:17:43 PM »
Oh she is eh?  Who?!   :passing

walterwhite

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 02:29:53 PM »
Major props to ya hatter, very nice of ya...I give Hatter 10/10..

Me too.  What a nice guy.  Everyone on here is very cool and friendly all the time though, it's a tight knit community for sure!

Pm'ed a lot of you to thank you personally for kind works again.

R

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 03:03:19 PM »
Typical woman...Wants to be waited on hand n foot, especially w money   Know what you mean on that...
Easy there.  that is not even a realistic stereotype.  Most of the women I know have careers and jobs.  And most people, man, woman or other want to be waited on and so forth, but it's just not gonna happen in real life.

walterwhite

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 04:02:20 PM »
If she is able to work then there is no argument to be had. Not my business but it sounds like you need to assess some shit.

I hear ya man.  Opinions are fine.  It's a touchy subject with her.

dimebag420

• TGL Veterans
  • TGL PhD
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 07:11:42 PM »
Nah, no unemployment man, I just lost it on Friday, haven't thought about that, just trying to find a new place of employment.  I have some savings saved up that should last me a few months if I still can't find work, but it's going to be hella tight, going to be eating TV dinners prob nightly, might be on the ramen noodle diet, like my college days! 

Thanks for the suggestions though FSU, nice thoughts...
[/quote]

Hell bro i got laid off on March 21st of this year. I signed up for unemployment online the next day and the next week i was getting a check. Dont feel bad about getting it, remember that while you were employed your employer kicked in to your state's unemployment pool so some of that money is yours anyway lol. Before the taxes they take out im getting a bit over 300.00 a week. Best of luck to ya brotha!
 :passone
"Fool me one time, shame on you. Fool me two times, cant put tha blame on you. Fool me three times, fuck tha peace signs, load the choppa and let it rain on you"

walterwhite

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 07:31:45 PM »
Nah, no unemployment man, I just lost it on Friday, haven't thought about that, just trying to find a new place of employment.  I have some savings saved up that should last me a few months if I still can't find work, but it's going to be hella tight, going to be eating TV dinners prob nightly, might be on the ramen noodle diet, like my college days! 

Thanks for the suggestions though FSU, nice thoughts...

Hell bro i got laid off on March 21st of this year. I signed up for unemployment online the next day and the next week i was getting a check. Dont feel bad about getting it, remember that while you were employed your employer kicked in to your state's unemployment pool so some of that money is yours anyway lol. Before the taxes they take out im getting a bit over 300.00 a week. Best of luck to ya brotha!
 :passone
[/quote]

Thanks for info, I am looking into that tonight. 

mist

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 02:34:10 AM »
Yo WW keep your head up, things will turn around soon, only way to go now is up.  I know you told me the story a few days ago but thought I'd post anyway.

Had a tough few weeks, I feel for ya brother!  Tough losing a loved one then losing a job a few weeks later, I've been there, it sucks.  Lost my grandmother to cancer a few years back then a few days later I come down with a bad case of pneumonia.  Like they say, when it rains it pours. 

Stop by anytime you want to have a few beers and watch a game - you know where to find me!  I'll cheer ya up!!

mist

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 02:39:56 AM »
im sorry brother, fuckin loyalty is a thing of the past these days, its NOT the old days man in any way.

USED to be a damn mechanic was actually honest, not its hard pressed to find a half honest one (i remember all this shit and im not even that old)

Dude I'd like to offer you a free bag to ease the pain IF you want? I'll throw you a Z

Damn that's hella nice of you MadHatter.  Everyone could use a Z in times like that.

I know Walter personally, I'm sure he could use that shit right about now.

May send him a blunt rolled in the mail tomorrow just to keep him on the up n up.

walterwhite

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2013, 03:09:27 AM »
I got some positive spin for you all.

LAID OFF. That means UNEMPLOYMENT.

Small vacation with bill money free (don't be dumb and waste it) until you find something better.

I know it sucks, but try to enjoy the time off while you can. Life is too busy.
I didn't say I was laid off. The way they do it at my job, is they cut your hours, just a little bit one week, and then the next week BAM, your scheduled for 7-14hrs all week, if needed, they'll reduce em even more. They do this until you no longer see the value in coming, and quit. Also, I will admit what my position was.. I was a waiter. This means, my hourly wage was only $5.00 an hour anyways, I lived off of tips. You cant make much tips in the 10 hours I was scheduled this week.. And when your only vehicle is a supercharged v8 mustang like mine is(My pride and joy.. The only thing I have in this world..) The gas it takes to make the trips to work cost more money than I could even make...

The world is a shitty place and my boss is a fucking asshole piece of shit. He was the coolest fuckin dude in the world to me and let me do whatever the fuck I wanted when I was hooking him up with a half ounce of chronic every payday. Ever since I got my shit straight, quit slangin, and switched over to mostly blends, this guy has completely changed his attitude and been a total dick to me and started giving me hella disrespect.. For no fucking reason.. Fuck that guy... I didn't feel right at that job anyway...

Sounds like you are better off not dealing with that terrible boss, like people always say - you don't have to work for assholes.  I have worked at plenty of restaurants and I know the feeling of being a waiter, it gets old fast, but the tips are legit.

Seems like he got mad you didn't give him bud anymore, well fuck that.

I like mustangs as well btw!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal